• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Caruso suit--keep or return? Fit?

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a new Caruso suit in Navy. It's undeniably a nice suit, but there are some minor fit issues, and I'm wondering whether it's worth altering and keeping, or if I should move onto something else.

I'm particularly concerned about the back. While the shoulders and chest fit quite well, the back is quite messy. Is this likely salvageable?

Other things--it needs some more waist suppression (never bought a suit that didnt...), obviously the sleeves will need shortening, and I'm trying to decide whether the sleeves need to be trimmed up some as well.

Thoughts?

xPh5i.jpg

oOLFU.jpg

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep it. The back is not messy to me.

VelvetGreen

Reaction score
OP, everything is fine.

ArsenalDan

Reaction score
Why are the sleeves bunching?

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see anything that can't be fixed with a slight adjustment.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978
I don't see anything that can't be fixed with a slight adjustment.

I don't think sleeves can be fixed,that must be because of the shoulders or some other thing,slimming them will not remove the bunching.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sleeves aren't so much bunching as just really wrinkly--it just came out of the shipping box. They're a bit wide, but only in the upper arm--the wrist opening is perfect.

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArsenalDan
Why are the sleeves bunching?

Coz the sleeves ain't precisely cut for OP's arms. You can see similar problem even on some bespoke jackets.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Front and back are fine. Sleeves look like a concern.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good to me. I'm not sure it even needs more waist suppression.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm.... OK, now you guys have me concerned about those sleeves. Is that fixable?

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Needs a little work, but definitely do not return. It is not far from working out.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aravenel
The sleeves aren't so much bunching as just really wrinkly--it just came out of the shipping box. They're a bit wide, but only in the upper arm--the wrist opening is perfect.

If that's the case. Than you should have no worries.

VelvetGreen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aravenel
Hmmmm.... OK, now you guys have me concerned about those sleeves. Is that fixable?

Wear it and air it a few times. The cloth will wear in. It's like receiving a new pair of shoes and being concerned that the leather feels flimsy. As you said, it's just been shipped and it is wrinkled. I think you're being a bit neurotic, perhaps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads