1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cartier Wedding Band?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NMW1982, Oct 24, 2009.

1. NMW1982

NMW1982 Senior member

What do you guys think of this Cartier wedding band?

[​IMG]

2. NMW1982

NMW1982 Senior member

Hmm, the picture didn't seem to show up. Here it is attached.
    [​IMG]

3. pandamonium

pandamonium Senior member

Erm, it won't say Cartier on it at time of "delivery", will it?

4. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

Looks nice, what is it? white gold or platinum?

Anyway, by having the words Cartier carved on it probably raised the price by two folds over similar band.

5. NMW1982

NMW1982 Senior member

it's platinum.

i was also considering rose gold.

Anyway, by having the words Cartier carved on it probably raised the price by two folds over similar band.

6. NMW1982

NMW1982 Senior member

3.5mm, $1,800.

7. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

I think if cost is not an issue, I'd also go with a cartier band. The presentation in the signature red box alone is quite stunning. However, this is all fluff when the real substanc is the actual band itself.

If you go to any reputable online dealers, you can get a similar band, minus the cartier name, for half the price.

8. RSS

RSS Senior member

Erm, it won't say Cartier on it at time of "delivery", will it?
    I was thinking the same thing. It's a wedding band ... please don't make it an advertisement for Cartier. That would be an insult to your spouse. It would also be downright tacky.

9. pandamonium

pandamonium Senior member

I was thinking the same thing. It's a wedding band ... please don't make it an advertisement for Cartier. That would be an insult to your spouse. It would also be downright tacky.

+1

10. apropos

apropos Senior member

+2

It's the wedding band equivalent of a LV monogram bag. Y'know - 'LOOK AT ME I'M ROCKING LV!!!'

11. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

This is my favorite wedding band for men and women in platinum by Cartier.

[​IMG]

12. NMW1982

NMW1982 Senior member

That's a nice ring, but it's very plain and ordinary. Why would I get Cartier, if I can get something that's the same for less than half the price?

[​IMG]

13. apropos

apropos Senior member

That's a nice ring, but it's very plain and ordinary. Why would I get Cartier, if I can get something that's the same for less than half the price?
    Apologies if I'm barking up the wrong tree, but are you suggesting that it's only worth spending the $$$ something from Cartier if the world can see that it's clearly from Cartier? If so, I'm sorry, but that's nouveau riche thinking at its 'finest'.

You get something 'plain and ordinary' from a company like Cartier because you can, because you can damn well be assured that it will be superlative, because you appreciate the company's heritage/history, and finally, because you can.

14. emmanuel

emmanuel Senior member

You get something 'plain and ordinary' from a company like Cartier because you can, because you can damn well be assured that it will be superlative, because you appreciate the company's heritage/history, and finally, because you can.
    And if things dont go well with your spouse the resale value of the ring will be high [​IMG]

15. Zenny

Zenny Senior member

If your last name is Cartier, then go for it.

16. GusW

1) The Cartier red box you present it in is rather nice
    2) Every woman in the world will ask your future bride where it came from and she (or you) gets to say "Cartier"
    3) Any time you are near a Cartier store, stop in and they will polish it for free while you wait. We often get free champagne or mineral water while we are waiting. They will do this anywhere in the world where there is one of their shops.

But, if you want to get the least expensive wedding band there are options and that is OK too. I chose Cartier and was glad I did. I probably get my wedding band polished once a year.

17. NMW1982

NMW1982 Senior member

Sorry, I don't appreciate stodgy old money mentality.

Sometimes I feel like flaunting with some bling. Call it tacky or tasteless, but when I put on the ring it looked much better than a plain ordinary ring. The plain ring looked like something from a Sears catalogue.

Also, it is pretty boring to be subdued/demur in all aspects of fashion, IMHO.

Apologies if I'm barking up the wrong tree, but are you suggesting that it's only worth spending the $$$ something from Cartier if the world can see that it's clearly from Cartier? If so, I'm sorry, but that's nouveau riche thinking at its 'finest'.

18. GiltEdge

GiltEdge Senior member

[​IMG]

My parents did that way back when

19. GusW

I'm old enough to know a lot of guys who wanted something "special" for their wedding band and after 5+ years got tired of it. After 10+ years it will look very old and dated. Stick with a classic and go buy yourself bling in another piece of jewelry.

Sorry, I don't appreciate stodgy old money mentality.

Sometimes I feel like flaunting with some bling. Call it tacky or tasteless, but when I put on the ring it looked much better than a plain ordinary ring. The plain ring looked like something from a Sears catalogue.

Also, it is pretty boring to be subdued/demur in all aspects of fashion, IMHO.