• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cartier Lighter-Traveling

Ammo

Reaction score
Traveling in the United States..............can you take your cartier lighter with you in your carry on luggage, or would you have to check it in with the bags??? I love this lighter

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, you cant bring a lighter with your carry on.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I forgot to pack my Dupont lighter in my checked luggage whilst in China and managed to finagle my way through the security checkpoints by flashing my US passport and pretending I didn't understand Chinese.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chips
No, you cant bring a lighter with your carry on.

not true.

Lighters without fuel are permitted in checked baggage. Lighters with fuel are prohibited in checked baggage, unless they adhere to the Department of Transportation (DOT) exemption, which allows up to two fueled lighters if properly enclosed in a DOT approved case. If you are uncertain as to whether your lighter is prohibited, please leave it at home.
I bought a few of these and usually throw it in my checked baggage.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it says only unfilled lighters are allowed in checked bags. theres a "yes" in the carry on box, but it doesn't elaborate..

From my understanding, a filled lighter falls under the flammable materials catagories, no?

Has anyone had a torch lighter leak or blow a seal on a flight? I've heard that it happens due to lack of pressure in the cargo bay. When I fly to Texas, I'm often doing so in hopes of enjoying many a fine cigar with my brother, and it's kind of a PIA to have to empty all my fuel each time, and of course, leave the can at home and have to use my brothers.

The last time, I just left my lighter at home for that exact reason..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads