• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cars!

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I figured that this may make for some interesting chat. What kind of cars do you own/drive? (I'm willing to bet that there are more than a few millionaires here with some nice stallions in their garages) What kind of cars do you like? I think one of the best cars for the money that has come out recently is the Infiniti G35 Coupe. The styling is nice, has a 280 HP 3.5L V6, rear wheel drive, and I think 0-60 times were somewhere in the five to six second range. Has an optional 6-speed manual transmission or a 5-speed automatic with manual shift mode. Also has an optional navigation system. The best part is that this car is that it starts around $30k, and you can get it with many options for $35k. Also, have you seen the new Cadillac CTS V-series? They took the CTS and dropped the 5.7L LS6 Corvette engine in it. It puts out 400 horsepower and claims 0-60 times of 5.6 seconds. Also has a manual 6-speed transmission and 14" Brembo brakes. Competition for the M5 and E55? I think so. Check it out here.

vero_group

Reaction score
I "drive" a 1993 Audi 90CS with 95,000 miles and a busted automatic transmission. I'm spending $$$ to get the transmission fixed so that I can continue to not have any car payments, which is my preference.

NavyStyles

Reaction score
I used to drive a 5-speed standard-transmission 1999 Toyota RAV-4 until my younger brother inherited it once I got to college. Â It probably has about 60,000 miles on it, now. Â I got it second-hand from a military guy based in Germany, and it was in great condition.

banksmiranda

Reaction score
1995 Toyota Previa, supercharged so its 2.4L 4-cylinder engine unleashes 163 HP instead of the base engine's 138 HP(what a difference?) with all-wheel drive. Â Used to have a white hand-me-down 1985 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham which I drove through the end of high school. Â Unfortunately the maintenance costs were rather high.
sad.gif
The Nissan 350Z(virtually identical to the Infiniti G35) seems like a nice car, esp. considering the cost. Hopefully like the old 300Z it doesn't become much more expensive over the years and end up doing badly(sales-wise) against cars in higher price ranges like the old 300Z and Toyota Supra ended up. I hope Toyota brings back the Supra - it was a rather attractive car.

Pink22m

Reaction score
This is a good, fun topic to respond too. Â I drive a 1995 Chevrolet Cavalier sedan, tan color. Â It was my grandfathers and I got it from him my freshman year in college. Â When he gave it to me, it had around 35,000 miles on it. Â I am now a senior, and it has around 83,000 miles on it. Â It is actually a pretty decent looking car, despite the fact that I typically hate American cars. Â But hey, its not like I will be driving this thing forever. Â It is a nice student car; easy to park, low mainatenance, good gas mileage. In terms of cars that I like, I would like my next car to be an Audi; most probably a pre owned one if I am just a few years out of college and want to save a little bit of money. Â An A4 would be nice. Â I like the 3 series, but they are without a doubt, the most played out car I have ever seen. Â Whatever prestige they used to have, is all gone now. Â Audis are nice because they are not nearly as prevelant. Â Of course I am biased, my dad drives a 2001 A6 (awesome styling). Â I have always liked the styling of Mercedes as well, but again, they are just so played out nowadays like Bimmers are. Â If I make it big, I would LOVE a Bentley Arnage. Â Those cars are works of art and are gorgeous. Â I was reading that they take around 4 months to build, as opposed to typical mass produced cars that take a mere 28 hours to produce. Â This is definetely a bespoke car. It is good to know you are getting something for your $300,000
smile.gif
Other cars I like: Audi RS6: (available in very limited numbers, $90,000) Audi S4 Volkswagon Jetta: (this has got to be the best built, highest quality compact sedan). Â I think Volkswagon is far superior to any of the other mainstream non luxury brands out there in the US (ie Toyota, Honda, Ford, etc) Volkswagon Passat Land Rover Range Rover: (the only SUV I would actually consider, otherwise I would prefer a sport wagon instead) Subura Legacy Outback Sedan: these are actually quite nice, I like the styling alot. Porsche 911 Carerra Mercedes Benz S500 Bentley Azure

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Land Rover Range Rover: (the only SUV I would actually consider, otherwise I would prefer a sport wagon instead)
Somebody was selling a Range Rover in the city paper a few months ago. Dark forest green, 1997, 67,000 miles, in very good condition for $11,000. Somebody got a good deal there.

High_Roller

Reaction score
I drive a 1986 Toyota Celica. The holes in the floor are currently being repaired. Not fun.

I'd love to have a Mini Cooper. I start drooling whenever I see one. The Infiniti FX45 is also gorgeous.

jharrison

Reaction score
I'm currently driving a '98 Ford Taurus. I, too, prefer foreign cars (especially Japanese). However, my pocketbook is drawn to American.

As far as a dream car goes, I have very simple tastes. I'd be happy with just a Toyota Camry Solara or an Avalon. I also think it would be cool (more fun than practical) to drive a Prius. I also want to get my hands on a pre-2000 Celica. I think they're beautiful cars.

If money were truly no object, I'd really love to drive the Mercedes Maybach. Just for fun.

Andrew

Reaction score
Well right now I am too young to drive, just in high school right now. But the cars I would love to have are...

BMW M3
Mercedes E55 AMG
Mercedes G55 AMG
Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0
Porsche GT3
And of course.. the Enzo or maybe a SLR.. something exotic

BjornH

Reaction score
I'm driving a '98 model Dodge Stratus w/every option there is. This is actually a rather expensive car here in Europe so my wallet wasn't pleased at all when we boought it. Now the car payments have stopped and we'll keep it for a few more years as we are both planning to study some more and will have to curb our spending. Next car ? Saab 9/5 2.3T is my guess - one of the upsides I foresee of our planned move to Sweden.

You could like my past cars: Honda CRX, Renault Fuego, Saab 9000 with some asmatic rust heaps in between.

B

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm somewhat embarrased to admit that I drive a 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX.

Not exactly the most stylish car I'll agree. But styling was the least of my concerns when I bought it (after all, you have to look at it, I don't.) I needed the all-wheel-drive and nothing else can touch the performance and handling for the price. It handles better than a hot BMW or Audi for about half the price. 60,000 miles later I can say I have been very happy with the purchase.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by A.Harris:
I'm somewhat embarrased to admit that I drive a 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX.

Nothing to be embarrassed about, you will eat BMW's on the twisties.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
you will eat BMW's on the twisties.
True that. I'd like to give the new STI a spin. I'd have to duck inside fast, as the cartoonish exterior might offend my suit :) When I bought it I lived in Calaveras County CA, which is in the Sierra Foothills. The local roads there defined twisty. Like my own personal roller coaster. You didn't even have to speed - if you could keep up 55 mph on some of those roads then you were a good driver in a good car. I swear I could make good money if I could talk the locals into letting me hold races on a couple of those roads...

BjornH

Reaction score
Great choice AHarris . Even the more pedestrian two liter version is awsome to drive. It's not the greatest looker and the interior is a bit spartan but as a drivers car I love it.

B

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I LOVE the WRX. That has been my dream car for the past year or so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics