• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cars Widely Considered Gay

fortune

Reaction score
Iuno atleast to me I'd take any of the 3 you mentioned over a mustang saleen. granted they're nice cars, I prefer euros over anything. Especially a M3.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm convinced that my next car will be a M3 but I've been in love with the Mustang (the Saleen being my holy grail) since I was 12.

They're two different beasts. The Mustang (and as an extension, Saleen) is a muscle car. The M3 is a luxury sports car. I could elaborate but you know what I mean and most likely, someone more knowledgeable than I can fill in the blanks.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
I'm convinced that my next car will be a M3 but I've been in love with the Mustang (the Saleen being my holy grail) since I was 12.

They're two different beasts. The Mustang (and as an extension, Saleen) is a muscle car. The M3 is a luxury sports car. I could elaborate but you know what I mean and most likely, someone more knowledgeable than I can fill in the blanks.

The all-new M3 E92 will be soon available

0733_04_sm.jpg

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen it (member of M3Forum). The deluge of press pics in red were underwhelming. I did, however, like the carbon fiber roof. The side mirrors and the wheels were meh.. not sure I like the hood either. I prefer the E46 but I'm sure this will grow on me.

fortune

Reaction score
the thing is with the e92 is to me, atleast from that picture, nothing really distinguishes it from any other current gen bmw such as a 330i. With the e46's there was a few touches that made it look nice a different. Such as the fenders, which gave it away. Now that's only one of the few pictures I've seen, but I'm more partial to the E46 versus the E92. Though, I'm sure, it will either way kick ass. The new M5 has my eye, hardcore. Looks so nice in my opinion. Damn me still being in HS. I want to get an M5 when I graduate. Granted, one that's a few years old for sure. My moms also been tossing around the idea of getting rid of her '03 tahoe for something smaller yet able to hold people because she's not too fond of paying 500/month WITH the current gas prices. I'm trying to get her to sell it and get a new bmw, or one that's a few years old, so hopefully she does by at least the end of summer. And hopefully by July, as soon as I get my funding squared away (12 weeks of work should get me 1.8k+, insurance money cause we're suing AFAM cause this whole stupid ordeal and their stubbornness to pay me all of my insurance money from my accident, and selling my current car) I'll be picking up a 93-95' 325i or iS. I've found a few I like but I've still got a few months to go.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes you're right that was a pic of the E92 coupe

this is the M3 E92 4th Generation

M3-4.JPG

fortune

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lakewolf
Yes you're right that was a pic of the E92 coupe this is the M3 E92 4th Generation
M3-4.JPG

ahhh see now there's the stylish m3 i've come to love. every generation has it's perfect distinctions. i think that actually is the first pic i've seen of an e92. actually i think i saw one a few weeks ago but don't remember it. they've carried on with the one thing that sets the m3s apart for me, the fenders. while something minor it may be, i can tell so much easier when it has the classic vented fenders of an m3. also isn't the base price supposed to be something like 70+ grand? thats what i remember seeing someone post on bimmerforums that is atleast.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love BMW's

my first car was a BMW 318i E30 I bought used. even if it was the smallest member of the line and hadn't any optional equipement ( just the ABS I think ) It was a great car, I felt in love with the brand.

Then I had driven several brands, but they feel like toy cars in comparison. ( Mercedes is an exception ).

My next "real" car was a BMW 328i E36 Cabrio.. Man that was a dream on wheels, with all the options, big engine, leather, hifi, automatic climate control, lower springs, sport package...

At that time when the E46 came out I kinda didn't like it, looked to me smaller and rounder in comparison with my E36.

Then as you say, it grew on me to the point the E36 looked outdated... so I sold the Cabrio and bought a BMW E46 320i Sedan. Exactly the same, black with beige leather and wood interior and all the other options... just it was not a convertible.

I prefer now the smaller engines as I am getting more enviromental concious, and I think a 320i with a 2.1 littter motor is fair enough for the city and highway.

Now I changed recently to a BMW 320i E46 Cabrio, because I love the open roof .. same specs...

And as you say too, I don't love yet the new E92, it looks more angular... it will surely grow on me and maybe I'll change my 46 in some years to an E92.

Needless to say, I never buy or take leasing on new cars, my current cabrio was near to 4 years old but costed the half ( 72,000 CHF list price, price used was 36000 CHF give my sedan for 10000 CHF and ended paying 26000 CHF) ...

So I let other guy pay the half of the car for driving it 4 years ...

So go for the E36, it is a great great car IMO

here is a pic of my current cabrio

myBMW.jpg

fortune

Reaction score
simply put I love all bmws. though, the thought of a convertible 3 series has never really caught my eyes. At least in my opinion, it doesn't have the aesthetics and body lines to not have a top. It just looks like to me they started and the ground and built up, but then lunch came and they just said "*******, we'll release it anyways." that goes for all generations of convertibles. the lines of a sedan like such have never caught my eyes. but the lines of a super/sports car like a Ferrari, significantly support the idea of a convertible. Hmm. But maybe it'll grow on me in time. But an E92, while slowly growing on me, cannot take the crown of an E46 in my opinion. Especially an M3.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ashtnn
simply put I love all bmws. though, the thought of a convertible 3 series has never really caught my eyes. At least in my opinion, it doesn't have the aesthetics and body lines to not have a top. It just looks like to me they started and the ground and built up, but then lunch came and they just said "*******, we'll release it anyways." that goes for all generations of convertibles. the lines of a sedan like such have never caught my eyes. but the lines of a super/sports car like a Ferrari, significantly support the idea of a convertible. Hmm. But maybe it'll grow on me in time. But an E92, while slowly growing on me, cannot take the crown of an E46 in my opinion. Especially an M3.

I think you are right about the design and the lines the coupÃ
00a9.png
top has.

But the Cabrio is all about the feeling... Driving this machine sans top is a pleasure so nice that you can never feel the same inside a closed car... even with the best of air conditionings you can't get the open air driving feeling

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ashtnn
Iuno atleast to me I'd take any of the 3 you mentioned over a mustang saleen. granted they're nice cars, I prefer euros over anything. Especially a M3.
Hey I agree, I love my Cobra, but I probably would not choose it over a M3. Then again, I would probably take a 07 z06 over both.

Man I love that car

SieurDeLaSalle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I certainly wouldn't consider the old Mini--a very small car--feminine. Nor a Fiat 500 or Lancia Fulvia, another small car.
I guess it just depends on whether you "Back-in" or "Pull-out...Your "Probe"...

jay0407

Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
I always thought the VW Cabrio was only for women and gay dudes.

I was just thinking the same thing.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads