1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars Widely Considered Gay

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by von Rothbart, Apr 12, 2007.

1. ruben

ruben Senior member

I hate to tell you but trucks are overcompensating, and "regular cars" mean you are just good at hiding it.

Everyone is gay. Sorry.

Great news!

The guys at the gloryhole will be thrilled!

2. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

Ill have to try and think about that one... Did it look like an oldschool mini? Lots of "repros" of those in Japan

or maybe a Mitsuoka Viewt
    [​IMG]

I can't stand those misproportioned things! They're an exceedingly poor imitation of an old Jag.

3. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I can't stand those misproportioned things! They're an exceedingly poor imitation of an old Jag.

Even worse, looks like one of those unfortunately styled recent Lancias. Oh how the mighty fall [​IMG] . Stratos & Delta, Fulvia & Flaminia, where are you to save the nameplate from itself?

4. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

I like how its supposed to be an elegantly styled car and yet it has steel rims, hahaha

5. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

The fact that the only tag listed for this thread is "meaty thighs" is extremely disturbing.

6. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I like how its supposed to be an elegantly styled car and yet it has steel rims, hahaha

You just don't get it; they are retro steelies [​IMG]

7. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

The fact that the only tag listed for this thread is "meaty thighs" is extremely disturbing.
    Edit: IIRC you can blame tiger02 for that. Oh Tom, how could you do this to such a pleasant place such as SF...

8. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

How about the Aston Martin DB9 Volante... [​IMG] And here is BMW's ill-conceived effort at reaching out to West Hollywood: [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

How about the Aston Martin DB9 Volante...

[​IMG]

Saw one of these yesterday at the NY Auto Show. Def. hardcore. Though I prefer the coupe.

~ Huntsman

10. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Even worse, looks like one of those unfortunately styled recent Lancias. Oh how the mighty fall [​IMG] . Stratos & Delta, Fulvia & Flaminia, where are you to save the nameplate from itself?

Nothing can beat the old Lancias. To make another original Lancia, the company needs to remove itself from Fiat, and bankrupt itself in adhering to quality.

11. eg1

eg1 Senior member

I know, its like Nissan really wanted to be the most bizzare. I mean how can you go wrong with the S-cargo

[​IMG]

Slow as a snail, then, the S-Cargo? [​IMG]

12. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Slow as a snail, then, the S-Cargo? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. mussel

mussel Senior member

If 3-Series, A-4 or Mini Cooper are considered as gay so be it, I don't mind but chick cars are where I draw the line, I wouldn't get caught being in one let alone driving one. Del Sol and Celica are definitely girly cars no matter how you spin it, sorry guys.

14. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

If 3-Series, A-4 or Mini Cooper are considered as gay so be it, I don't mind but chick cars are where I draw the line, I wouldn't get caught being in one let alone driving one. Del Sol and Celica are definitely girly cars no matter how you spin it, sorry guys.

Oh noes11!!!!!!

15. AnotherVictim

AnotherVictim Senior member

Modern cars all tend to envelope you from any sensations. Besides, who really needs cruise control or steering wheel controlled radios?
    Haha those two features are honestly the most abused in my car =)

16. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

That is probably the sh*ttiest imitation Jag I have ever laid eyes upon.

MY DREAM CAR. In silver, of course.

JB

17. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

Celica girly?
    Mussel speaks of blaspheme.
    Me hunt him down.

18. greg_atlanta

greg_atlanta Senior member

Miatas are not gay if you trick them out with enough roll bars, hood scoops, springs, exhaust, etc. I love the insecure look of straight guys in Miatas hoping and praying their car doesn't scream GAY. ("Hmmm, maybe when I get the new wheels..... and a helmut.")

Anyone over 40 driving a BMW 3-series is gay.

19. SGladwell

SGladwell Senior member

Miatas are not gay if you trick them out with enough roll bars, hood scoops, springs, exhaust, etc.
    Ugh. While I'll concede that some rollbars/stylebars look decent (while impairing the usability of the package shelf and needlessly complicating top use), after the original 1.6's faux Minilites Mazda kind of lost their way with the wheel designs, and the stock exhaust note of the Miata can be improved, a hood scoop or other tupperware has no place on a purist sports car. Likewise, I've driven a few Miatae aftermarket spring sets thanks to Joe and Hector of R-Speed, and all of them seem to degrade the ride quality without offering real handling improvements. Perhaps some people feel like they need that kidney punch to think they're driving performance cars, but a competently set up performance suspension should be pretty compliant to keep as much contact patch on the road as possible.

20. briancl

briancl Senior member

Miatas are not gay if you trick them out with enough roll bars, hood scoops, springs, exhaust, etc. I love the insecure look of straight guys in Miatas hoping and praying their car doesn't scream GAY. ("Hmmm, maybe when I get the new wheels..... and a helmut.")

Anyone over 40 driving a BMW 3-series is gay.

I disagree with the over 40 driving a 3-series. By this, you imply that if you are 40, you should be driving something else, perhaps a 5-series? I think it is perfectly fine to be driving a smaller car when you are older. The size of your car has nothing to do with... anything, really.