• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flying cars have been the dream for 75 years.

Once Elon gets off his ass and builds one, the record is done!

Hope that never happens. So many idiots on the road get into or cause ridiculous accidents, and right now they can only go left, right, forward, or backward. I can't imagine how bad things would get if we also gave them the ability to fly!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Flying cars have been the dream for 75 years.

Once Elon gets off his ass and builds one, the record is done!

there was flying car since 60s? don't know how road legal it is...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hope that never happens. So many idiots on the road get into or cause ridiculous accidents, and right now they can only go left, right, forward, or backward. I can't imagine how bad things would get if we also gave them the ability to fly!

given the requirement of "flying license" I would imagine it's going to be basically auto pilot...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Urus is one of the best looking suvs though suvs are trash anyway.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Landcruiser, I need something that doesn’t get stuck in the mud. I love my e class estate, love that it’s hybrid so sips fuel, but damn does that love dissipate quickly once you have to put the rubber mats under the tires again.. Three times this fall/winter..

a G class would have been ideal as I do like mercs, but those have been so thoroughly tainted by kardashian association that the wife wouldn’t be caught dead in one.

Yeah, i see what you mean.
But i said the Rav 4, was my choice over the Urus and anything in it's cost bracket for a few reasons. Every day i see Macans,G-wagens,etc.
as a father, and more recently, a teacher. I have gained an understanding of what constitutes a "family Car". and living in an urban environment. the pros and cons of various vehicles. 50% of Mothers drive these big Vans. that are like a living room on wheels. super luxurious. (Think a JDM Astro Starcraft) and most of the other 50% drive high end euro trophy wife cars. SUV's Are the current thing. perhaps with good reason.
But what size should one be? What functions or duties does it need to serve?
Land cruisers are simply too big for the urban environment. as are many others. Range Rover, Douchemobiles,Q7's. . .
While at a red light in the "Momwagen" (SF5 Forester St/B Sti) My wife and i watched a man washing his car. i said, "It must suck to stand on a ladder to wash your roof". my wife lol'd and agreed. Even she can wash the roof of her own car. a 4wd that carries her and our son around in all seasons with the safety and the quickness.
Class posturing aside, If you were to write a list of what a family chariot needs to do?
5 doors? check
AWD? check
Comfortable? check
Folding rear seats and other functions? check
Looks alright? well, that is open to interpretation.
but while the current Subaru offerings are bland. this, is a car that ticks all the boxes.

If Mr Lamborghini were here today, he would want a Rav 4. with whatever powertrain Toyota chose to throw at it. (RCF Bits, ISF Bits? LC500???)
A beast SUV. medium sized.

The Audi wearing a bull is not even close.

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kanye West said it best "what you think I rap for, to push a f**kin' RAV4?"

Reactions: jet

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i see what you mean.
But i said the Rav 4, was my choice over the Urus and anything in it's cost bracket for a few reasons. Every day i see Macans,G-wagens,etc.
as a father, and more recently, a teacher. I have gained an understanding of what constitutes a "family Car". and living in an urban environment. the pros and cons of various vehicles. 50% of Mothers drive these big Vans. that are like a living room on wheels. super luxurious. (Think a JDM Astro Starcraft) and most of the other 50% drive high end euro trophy wife cars. SUV's Are the current thing. perhaps with good reason.
But what size should one be? What functions or duties does it need to serve?
Land cruisers are simply too big for the urban environment. as are many others. Range Rover, Douchemobiles,Q7's. . .
While at a red light in the "Momwagen" (SF5 Forester St/B Sti) My wife and i watched a man washing his car. i said, "It must suck to stand on a ladder to wash your roof". my wife lol'd and agreed. Even she can wash the roof of her own car. a 4wd that carries her and our son around in all seasons with the safety and the quickness.
Class posturing aside, If you were to write a list of what a family chariot needs to do?
5 doors? check
AWD? check
Comfortable? check
Folding rear seats and other functions? check
Looks alright? well, that is open to interpretation.
but while the current Subaru offerings are bland. this, is a car that ticks all the boxes.

If Mr Lamborghini were here today, he would want a Rav 4. with whatever powertrain Toyota chose to throw at it.
A beast SUV. medium sized.

The Audi wearing a bull is not even close.

I'm actually considering a RAV4 as a daily driver to replace the Subie with 243K miles on it. I just want something that is reliable, low maintenance, has AWD and I can park anywhere without caring if it gets dented, which it will at the office parking lot. I'm not sure I'd picture Mr. Lamborghini driving one, and I'm not sure I'd consider a RAV4 a beast....at least not without a ton of modifications.

Mr. Lamborghini was already out of the auto industry when the original SUV beast with his name on it was released in 1986. The Lamborghini LM002...powered by same V12 that powered the Countach. A completely ridiculous and gigantic SUV in its day and not particularly handsome. Still kind of cool in a weird way.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• 1575668173396.png
    1575668173396.png
    688.4 KB · Views: 23

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Old Ferruccio probably would have been happy with the Ooroos if he had to drive an SUV. He was all about the fast comfortable GT’s and started Automobili Lamborghini when Enzo refused to sell him Ferrari road cars that weren’t poorly disguised race cars.

That’s kind of lost now, since his company’s whole brand is wrapped up in loud crazy looking sports cars. But he even had complaints that his Miura - only one of the greatest cars of all time - was too loud and uncomfortable

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Elon musk gets off on '**** guy'

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How did Mirua gets such a good reputation from all the review I read it’s uncomfortable, doesn’t handle that well etc. also it didn’t looks ridiculous like countuch/diablo, or maybe it did looked ridiculous back then

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Old Ferruccio probably would have been happy with the Ooroos if he had to drive an SUV. He was all about the fast comfortable GT’s and started Automobili Lamborghini when Enzo refused to sell him Ferrari road cars that weren’t poorly disguised race cars.

That’s kind of lost now, since his company’s whole brand is wrapped up in loud crazy looking sports cars. But he even had complaints that his Miura - only one of the greatest cars of all time - was too loud and uncomfortable

That's right. he was a utilitarian, who liked to go fast. so yeah, i like to think he would be a Subaru guy. Or closer to enzo? A Toyota guy.
The new Rav4 has it all. but no spice. we all know Toyota could deliver spice, if we asked for it.

*Note to self. -Build a Subaru SVX ,AWD 6speed, Turbo. with all the Diffs and brakes. A Japanese car that Mr Lamborghini would be proud of. Agricultural , comfortable. fast. styled. yep. i'm all about it.

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw Mike Tyson driving one of these once back in the days. He ended up crashing it in Joisey if I recall

Must have been quite a site to see Iron Mike driving one of these. I recall seeing photos of his Countach.

When I was a teenager there was Lamborghini dealer about 5 miles from my grade school/high school. It was the only authorized Lamborghini dealer in New England, from the mid 80's through the early 90's (back then there were 4 Ferrari dealers in the same region). The showroom held about 5 - 6 cars. The owner was a super nice guy. I would occasionally get my parents to stop by on the way home and he would invite me to sit in brand new Jalpas, Countaches, a vintage "Periscopo Countach," the LM002s when the arrived, and sat in the first Diablo they received. He gave us a tour of the service area which I remember had a few cars being worked on including a sort of metallic emerald green early Espada with the hood open.

The LM002 was a bit ridiculous, and was the most expensive SUV in its day. The base price was $120,000. This was long before MB was selling Gwagens in the US, and many years before the X5, Cayenne, Macan, and Q5 existed. The LM002 is insanely large, insanely heavy, had Pirelli tires designed to mimic the paw print of a camel and it could do 130 mph on sand. Plus you had a Countach powered SUV...and was nicknamed the "Rambo Lambo." Still I recall one road test of it and the guy complained that for all that money, the turn signals would not cancel and return the stalk to center after you had turned, and econo cars had that feature.

How did Mirua gets such a good reputation from all the review I read it’s uncomfortable, doesn’t handle that well etc. also it didn’t looks ridiculous like countuch/diablo, or maybe it did looked ridiculous back then

The Miura didn't have a "Good reputation" in a traditional sense. It was beautiful, and it was very fast, and the first mid engine road going exotic car...when Ferrari and Maser were still front engine cars. Head road tester and developer, Bob Wallace, said it was released to the public far too early. Many issues had not been worked out, but with the car generating great interest and orders immediately Ferruccio wanted it put into production as soon as possible and they did.

The actually car itself, would get too light up front at speed, especially as it guzzles fuel (the fuel tank is up front). The clutch is heavy, the shifter has been described as you need a mallet to hit it to change gears, and I've heard the gas pedal is ridiculous in that one basically has to have the pedal flat on the floor at an awkward and unnatural angle for your foot, in order to "Floor it." The guys were I bring my 328 for service will occasionally work on a good client's Miura or Countach, and they hate them. The owner of the shop who has been a tech for about about 50 years and a Ferrari tech since the early to mid 70s ...said, "You can tell Ferruccio started in the tractor business, these feel like tractors and had about that level of engineering." He also said, if you think vintage Ferrari engineering and build quality are dated, try driving or working on a vintage Lamborghini!

Road tests of cars back in the 1970s and 1980s panned vehicles like the Miura, Countach, Ferrari Boxer, and Porsche 930 Turbo. They appreciated that they were fast, but they were impractical, hard to drive, uncomfortable, ...Road & Track road testers preferred the 928S and 944 Turbo to the 930/911 Turbo in their big 1986 road test. Today, people appreciate the above mentioned cars, for their driving experience. No one cares that their air conditioners aren't very good, that the clutches are very heavy in day to day traffic, or that the 930 has a very sloppy gear box with long throws. These are high performance icons, and their shortcomings are much easier to overlook, as most people don't try to daily drive them anymore.

Yes, the focus of his cars was supposed to be high performance GT cars...not outrageous exotics. Their first cars were unusual looking but were touring cars. The 350GT and 400GT. He did own a Miura and a Countach...but he favored and owned cars like their Islero and the Jarama (although his head test driver and developer back in the day Bob Wallace hated the Jarama and said it was too heavy and far too underdeveloped when it was sold to the public. .

The Islero, probably the most understated Lamborghini.

A famous image of Ferruccio with the Jarama, which he later said was his favorite Lamborghini. I never liked its looks.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Jarama. =the Ford Capri perfected.

I dig it. looks like a 70's muscle car. which it is. has a Datsun vibe too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads