• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got $10 on @Booth.

Smaller, lighter drivers have a big advantage in karts (even if they're carrying an extra 5cm) because driver weight is a big fraction of the total vehicle weight. So consider your bet carefully.

I know a few people who've been hurt karting. Rib fractures are not unusual, and another friend had brake failure and rear-ended another friend at high speed causing back issues to this day. But then again, another person was literally run over by a kart, and escaped unscathed.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Think BMW inline 4 and inline 6 are both great, V8 might not sound as good as MB, but at same px range is almost always the more powerful by decent margin (550 is a lot more powerful than E53, though E53 is I6 so I guess other than true AMG you can’t get V8 these days).

M5 and E63 is roughly same power though M5 is lighter by 200-300 lb? (though still heavy)

edit: thought PDK is suppose to be best, you’re saying the DCT BMW uses is pretty much the same from your personal experience

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think BMW inline 4 and inline 6 are both great, V8 might not sound as good as MB, but at same px range is almost always the more powerful by decent margin (550 is a lot more powerful than E53, though E53 is I6 so I guess other than true AMG you can’t get V8 these days).

M5 and E63 is roughly same power though M5 is lighter by 200-300 lb? (though still heavy)

edit: thought PDK is suppose to be best, you’re saying the DCT BMW uses is pretty much the same from your personal experience
Pdk is supposed to be the best. I just haven't noticed an appreciable difference in shift times between BMWs dct and Porsche pdk. I only do city and country driving, so I don't know if a track would show the differences. I suspect throttle mapping changes one's perception as well.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The trick to karting at those public places is figuring out which karts are the “ringers”. There’s always 1-2 in every fleet that are faster than the others. If you don’t know, observe which karts the regulars use.

If you’re sitting here thinking, “ok, but how the **** am i supposed to know who the regulars are??”, don’t worry - they’re easy to spot. They’re the guys who show up with their own helmets and act snarky and superior to everyone else. And they’ll try to elbow you aside to get to their preferred kart

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Smaller, lighter drivers have a big advantage in karts (even if they're carrying an extra 5cm) because driver weight is a big fraction of the total vehicle weight. So consider your bet carefully.

I know a few people who've been hurt karting. Rib fractures are not unusual, and another friend had brake failure and rear-ended another friend at high speed causing back issues to this day. But then again, another person was literally run over by a kart, and escaped unscathed.

Last time I went to a kart place was for a work event; I came in second to my boss which I attribute entirely to the fact that she weighs about 100 pounds. It was no joke, she’s a damn good driver.

Reactions: A Y

brokencycle

Reaction score
@HRoi when is yours coming in?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
THAT’s what they called it? Sounds too much like vulva.

And this and the Monza’s no-windshield affectation is hilarious. Can’t wait for rich unself-aware douchebags to show up to Cars and Coffee in one of these things with full helmet and goggles.

brokencycle

Reaction score
THAT’s what they called it? Sounds too much like vulva.

And this and the Monza’s no-windshield affectation is hilarious. Can’t wait for rich unself-aware douchebags to show up to Cars and Coffee in one of these things with full helmet and goggles.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The front reminds me a bit of the current Miata.But I'd still happily see one of those in person

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads