• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Manthey GT3 wing is large but sits low and as such, is still fairly subtle when compared to the normal one.

Speaking purely on aesthetic terms, big wings need to be balanced out with ground effects. A larger wing placed on a non-aggressive looking car body creates too much of a park bench effect. Not that a GT3 isn’t an aggressive looking body, but larger and larger wings demand more and more wideness of body and other stuff like that

I have the 997 GT3 cup front spoiler on my GT3 and it’s a big, unsightly piece of plastic. I kind of regret installing it. If i were to install a huge naked carbon fiber wing on my rear deck, i would do an aggressive carbon front spoiler, side skirts, and perhaps even a diffuser.

Again, we’re speaking purely on aesthetic terms here. If anyone cares to argue aerodynamic benefits, we can do that too, but don’t @ this post :p

I’d get the Manthey wing painted to match OEM. The visual difference is subtle—in fact pretty sure most people would never notice.

You have to pair it with the Cup front lip. Don’t know how it looks on the 997, but on the 991, it is hard to tell apart from stock unless you look closely and know what to look for.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
It’s not like people can actually see how tiny ********* really is, they’re just assuming it based on a vicious stereotype.

About Porsche owners. What did you think I meant?

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Classic Foo. Shows up to pretend that his rhetorical question is a legitimate attempt to engage with people and then shouts down all responses and accuses anyone who disagree with his already-made-decision as being envious or his ability to purchase consumer goods.

The obvious answer is that you don't care what anyone thinks and will do what you decided already which apparently is to get a wing so that your car will theoretically be faster on a track you will never take it to and because you think it makes it look better.

If you had started out with a more earnest post you wouldn't be getting **** from people. Why don't you learn from @HRoi - he easily has the best stable in this thread and yet somehow manages to avoid whatever envy you perceive to exist. Perhaps because he's genuine?

I thought I was always 100% clear: no, I don’t give a **** what you or anyone else thinks about my car. When the **** did I feign otherwise?

As for shouting down people who “disagree”? There can be no clearer proof of your personal spite/resentment than coloring the above comments as good faith disagreements.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It’s not like people can actually see how tiny ********* really is, they’re just assuming it based on a vicious stereotype.

Got me again! I am exactly as awful and pathetic a piece of human **** as you like to imagine! Sometimes life just works out that nicely I guess.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any pictures of your current wing vs the new wing?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’d get the Manthey wing painted to match OEM. The visual difference is subtle—in fact pretty sure most people would never notice.

You have to pair it with the Cup front lip. Don’t know how it looks on the 997, but on the 991, it is hard to tell apart from stock unless you look closely and know what to look for.
It’s this one, right? It looks very much like the 997 Cup lip and yeah...i think it’s unsightly. Can’t be too upset about that because it’s meant to be a $200-300 wear item...but as we get into aesthetic mods i think dat CF is needed

05BBFF61-7B97-4B31-A6F8-C9F0CB5F1050.png

6F5070B0-CE5C-45F4-8AC7-02537EDEED35.jpeg

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought I was always 100% clear: no, I don’t give a **** what you or anyone else thinks about my car. When the **** did I feign otherwise?

If you don't care what people think then what are you doing here? I didn't think this needed to be stated, but this is a forum where humans interact about topics of mutual interest. Maybe there are places out there for people to pose questions for people whom they don't wish to interact with and whose opinions they don't care to hear, but this is definitely not one of them.

In case it isn't 100% clear, I don't care what your answer is and am not feigning otherwise.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Any pictures of your current wing vs the new wing?

Would have to dig them up. The new one is almost twice the width, but is otherwise the same shape/form. Hence, when painted and installed, it would not be immediately obvious. I think it just lends to an overall more aggressive look, even if one can’t put his/her finger on why off the bat.

It’s this one, right? It looks very much like the 997 Cup lip and yeah...i think it’s unsightly. Can’t be too upset about that because it’s meant to be a $200-300 wear item...but as we get into aesthetic mods i think dat CF is needed

View attachment 1277406

Yeah that’s it. But it looks virtually identical to stock. Your 997 does not have as much black plastic bits on the outside as the 991.2. The latter all have black plastic front lips. The Cup version is just slightly more prominent.

Suggesting a carbon fiber lip? Would never do that. As you say, it’s a wear item. Also, CF offers no benefit in such applications.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I also don’t like how it’s closer to the ground than the side rocker panels. Same as my 997. It’s like a Jay Leno chin. I’m just letting the thing get chewed up and go back to stock once it’s time to get replaced again.

Adding side skirts would make the lower body edge more uniform in shape and more lined up. Something like this TechArt kit, for example. I don’t like the stripes on the car, the wheels, or that weird cladding around the headlights, though.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

About Porsche owners. What did you think I meant?
What is WITH the microphallus shaming on this forum?

Foo will you need to get the manties wrapped/ceramically treated like the rest of your car?

Reactions: A Y

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you do realize you drive in the **** road of north east, is your new lip (to match your wing) going to be closer to ground (and the side skirt), you'd better clear wrap EVERYTHING then some more...

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
you do realize you drive in the **** road of north east, is your new lip (to match your wing) going to be closer to ground (and the side skirt), you'd better clear wrap EVERYTHING then some more...

No I didn’t know any of that.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Comparison of stock wing with Manthey wing, and photo of someone else’s car who had it painted and installed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics