• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Peak 911 needs a bigger wing?

Peak 911 doesn’t need a wing for road driving, period. But a properly engineered wing doesn’t hurt Peak 911 and can make Peak 911 look even more awesomer.

Some people are :( because they don’t have a Peak 911 with or without a wing.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Peak 911 doesn’t need a wing for road driving, period. But a properly engineered wing doesn’t hurt Peak 911 and can make Peak 911 look even more awesomer.

Some people are :( because they don’t have a Peak 911 with or without a wing.

You got us. We are all just envious.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wing, loud exhaust, and now even bigger wing for visual effect. Next: coffee can exhaust tips?

Little known fact outside the car world: Porsche dudes are bigger ricers than Honda Civic dudes.

The wing is stock. How can that be riced out?

The new wing is Manthey. Shouldn’t have to explain that one.

The exhaust is Akrapovic. In what universe is that rice?

“Riced” to me applies to ******, usually ineffective modifications—stereotypically in the case of Japanese cars.

However, you seem to apply the term to any and all modifications, or at least any I happen to make.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend just warned me: “Don't mess with Elsa ... Only he gets to mess with Elsa.”

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Classic Foo. Shows up to pretend that his rhetorical question is a legitimate attempt to engage with people and then shouts down all responses and accuses anyone who disagree with his already-made-decision as being envious of his ability to purchase consumer goods.

The obvious answer is that you don't care what anyone thinks and will do what you decided already which apparently is to get a wing so that your car will theoretically be faster on a track you will never take it to and because you think it makes it look better.

If you had started out with a more earnest post you wouldn't be getting **** from people. Why don't you learn from @HRoi - he easily has the best stable in this thread and yet somehow manages to avoid whatever envy you perceive to exist. Perhaps because he's genuine?

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Manthey GT3 wing is large but sits low and as such, is still fairly subtle when compared to the normal one.

Speaking purely on aesthetic terms, big wings need to be balanced out with ground effects. A larger wing placed on a non-aggressive looking car body creates too much of a park bench effect. Not that a GT3 isn’t an aggressive looking body, but larger and larger wings demand more and more wideness of body and other stuff like that

I have the 997 GT3 cup front spoiler on my GT3 and it’s a big, unsightly piece of plastic. I kind of regret installing it. If i were to install a huge naked carbon fiber wing on my rear deck, i would do an aggressive carbon front spoiler, side skirts, and perhaps even a rear diffuser.

Again, we’re speaking purely on aesthetic terms here. If anyone cares to argue aerodynamic benefits, we can do that too, but don’t @ this post :p

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads