• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I don't think Elon understands that truck buyers know what they want and that has been an F-150 for a decade or two. The only way those buyers would even look towards a Tesla would be to undercut the price which he can't do. Plus he can't call it the King Ranch.

Truck buyers have to have the highest brand loyalty in the industry. I wonder how that came about.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If only Toyota put their Tech to work. . . .

Hydrogen powered Tacoma?

Nissan. . . Electric Pickup?

Elon should start to sweat. if those Behemoths get wise? he is broke.

Does the chicken tax apply to smaller non-ICE trucks? Similar to shorting in the stock market, markets can stay irrational longer than these companies can try to come up with hydrogen and electric trucks.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think pickups are a great application for electric drivetrains. All that torque...

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mark my words, some country boy is gonna buy a Tesla truck and mod it to roll coal.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still waiting on a 2JZ or LS swapped Tesla. Has to happen at some point right?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
speaking of electric pick up, isn't Rivivan coming out in a year?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Truck nuts on a Tesla will be all the rage.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
At $65k i think they’re on to something. I’m really curious about how BMW prices this - one of the failings of the current BMW regime is their steadfast refusal to listen to their enthusiast core. Who in this case have spoken loud and clear that they’re not paying Porsche prices for M cars with slight performance and aesthetic enhancements.

The M4 GTS got crushed and so did the M4/M3 CS. But then they started selling for reasonable prices and suddenly felt like a good deal. Is BMW going to go through the same song and dance with the M2 CS, or are they going to stop ******* around and just price it at market value?

To me, pricing is not the issue.

Does the M2 chassis need more power? The problematic dynamics of the M3/M4 are fundamentally due to the chassis being overwhelmed by turbo torque.

What they needed to do was take out at least a hundred pounds of weight. Given the relatively modest CF use and not announcing a curb weight or any specific weight savings, I’m betting the CS is more or less as heavy as the Competition. Maybe even slightly heavier.

What kind of bike is connected to that Ohlins fork?

No idea. I know squat about bikes, other than that I’m not allowed to have one.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think pickups are a great application for electric drivetrains. All that torque...

On paper, yes. But as we’ve seen with Tesla’s track attempts, cooling is a real challenge for batteries and motors. Towing obviously puts a lot of strain on the powertrain.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nah, towing strain should be manageable on the motor front as long as they are specced for the load. Batteries should be able to be cooled sufficiently well (especially if you can spread them out more with a more flexible layout under a truck bed). The killer strain is under constant acceleration and braking which is a problem for track cars, but not such a big deal for getting a heavy load moving and then towing it at a relatively consistent speed until the next light.

That's why almost all freight trains are series hybrids (diesel engine makes electricity which spins an electric motor--vs a parallel hybrid prius where both motors connect to the drivetrain). Electric torque is great for getting heavy things moving, and they have no problem running efficiently once they get going.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does the M2 chassis need more power? The problematic dynamics of the M3/M4 are fundamentally due to the chassis being overwhelmed by turbo torque.
That's why I bought my M2 instead of M2C. The N55 already is too powerful to put the power down once the turbo spools. On regular pavement and the highway I have traction control lit up between every shift 1-4. I didn't need the extra 40hp of the M2C, which also sounds worse and has an awful muffler and I definitely don't need the M2CS.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's why I bought my M2 instead of M2C. The N55 already is too powerful to put the power down once the turbo spools. On regular pavement and the highway I have traction control lit up between every shift 1-4. I didn't need the extra 40hp of the M2C, which also sounds worse and has an awful muffler and I definitely don't need the M2CS.

The CS will have a particulate filter, so it will sound even worse.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads