• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Miura still stands out despite the august company

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
In the wine thread we have folks with different levels of interest in wine, different tastes, and different budgets. It's a pretty congenial thread...except for the recent scoffing of Meomi. ;)

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Grille on the new 4-series leaked.

**** me.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
? Wow, the ugliest front end I've seen on a car in recent years!
It’s like its mouth is hanging open and it’s drooling.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
It reminds me of a Chrysler sport sedan.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s like its mouth is hanging open and it’s drooling.

I figure the inspiration for BMW's designers was something like this ;)

Not even the prettiest Aston Martin (that would be the DB5) :fence:

I think they are the 2 prettiest Astons, its just a matter of whether one wants a vintage sports car or vintage GT cruiser (although get a tux & a Walther PPK, and a DB5 is a hell a of a way to complete one's 007 Halloween costume).

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Coming back to this post....as coincidence would have it, my neighbor just bought a CT6 exactly like yours, so i had a chance to peruse...

It’s not the type of car i would buy, but it has this sort of commanding road presence that to me evokes something like a ‘64 Lincoln Continental. I liked it.

I didn't expect to love it as much as I did; all my uncles work(ed) for GM and kept trying to get me to drive one, especially after we got the Xt4 crossover for my husband.

I finally did drive one and really loved it. The regular one is nice with a 335 3.6, the Sport is better with a turbo and 404hp. Next year's Blackwing V8 with 550hp will be a beast, but I didn't need that much power, nor the extra $20k price tag.

ke the look of the CT6 in general, and it has some cool tech features (my understanding is that Cadillac has better autonomous driving than Tesla because it has fully mapped large sections of interstate). It has mostly favorable reviews too.

It seems like they're trying to kill it though in favor of SUVs.

It's really a stellar car. And the Sport is remarkably agile for its size, and with its options is very well priced. The Jag XJ 3.0 with similar options was nearly $18k-20k more expensive, and has much less HP. A few small points on the interior had nicer finish in the Jag, but not much. And, again, not for that much extra $$$. The BMW 7-series, Audi A8, and S-class of course have a lot more stuff, and better fit/n/finish... but again they are $20-40k more.

From what I've heard, the Ct6's fate is still up in the air only because they are looking for a new plant to build it (Hamtramck will close); I feel like GM will keep it on, even though they advertised it poorly and it's not selling well. They put a LOT of amazing stuff into the car that isn't shared with anything else, and it's honestly the first "fullsize" car Cadillac has had in ages that's actually a competitor for the usual suspects. Not to mention that the Blackwing V8 has been really highly reviewed and will be spectacular.

Finally, they are also releasing a brand new small car (Ct4), a brand new midsize car (ct5), and so I can't imagine that they'd give up on the flagship (ct6) at least for another few years.

Then again, as per usual GM policy... they tend to discontinue something JUST as they finally get it right.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads