• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, before our house was finished being built friends suggested putting a plexiglass floor in the bonus room/man cave above my cars so that I could look at them while I was up there. However, the cost, plus time delay made it impractical. I was renting storage space and wanted to have the cars in my own garage before the winter.

Here are other guys who have a form of car art...although one of them makes the car totally unusable.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just explain to her it's art! Here is another example of a guy putting car art in his house...

I cannot not think of this ...

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cannot not think of this ...

I was a teenager when the movie came out. I love the movie, and have probably watched that scene alone dozens of times.
I want this car

A friend got an allocation and has one arriving in late fall/early winter. He ordered it in Brewster Green. I can't wait to see it in person.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so a little update to my XPEL experience, finally got a chance to go to the guy who installed originally, asked for the "cheap" job, i.e. just cut out the damaged XPEL on the rear fender (and turns out absolutely no damage to the fender), then put a smaller one on top of it, you can see the part it intersect though at $120 in <30 minutes I guess it's at least an easy one...

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw the Douchemobile in a grocery store parking lot today. Matte black G65 AMG (the V12), night package (all black accents) and illegal window tints all round. Hard to tell for sure, but the upholstery appeared, at a glance, to be red.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I've decided to keep the douchemobile through the end of the lease (Thanksgiving 2020) but plan to head out and drive the new BMW 3 series in the next few weeks. I try and refrain from driving the M and just check out the four banger.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anybody going to be at Caffeine and Carburetors in New Canaan tomorrow?

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh - my injectors should be back in a few days from their refurb. I'm pretty ticked I let things get so dirty under the hood, but I need everything buttoned back up before I start messing with it.

AKzCxno.jpg

The M635 is getting cap/rotor/plugs/plug wires/injectors, some new rubber (some of which is a bit tricky to get as this is a Euro and BMW has gotten twitchy about Euro-specific parts being brought to the US) and a new in-line fuel pump. Hoping to get most/all of that done before I head to Japan, but waiting on some parts. I'm a crappy wrench, so not looking forward to the re-installation process. The injectors themselves are easy, but all the bits I had to disconnect to get to them are a minor pain...

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Saw the Douchemobile in a grocery store parking lot today. Matte black G65 AMG (the V12), night package (all black accents) and illegal window tints all round. Hard to tell for sure, but the upholstery appeared, at a glance, to be red.
I would never drive an SUV, but that's pretty much how I would get it colored. I'm a vampire.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Ugh - my injectors should be back in a few days from their refurb. I'm pretty ticked I let things get so dirty under the hood, but I need everything buttoned back up before I start messing with it.

AKzCxno.jpg

The M635 is getting cap/rotor/plugs/plug wires/injectors, some new rubber (some of which is a bit tricky to get as this is a Euro and BMW has gotten twitchy about Euro-specific parts being brought to the US) and a new in-line fuel pump. Hoping to get most/all of that done before I head to Japan, but waiting on some parts. I'm a crappy wrench, so not looking forward to the re-installation process. The injectors themselves are easy, but all the bits I had to disconnect to get to them are a minor pain...
It's great to see you getting involved with your car.You really do have something special there.
Some good news is, that you might be able to source the parts you need from Japan. there is a healthy Euro car culture. Yes, Vaccum hoses can be a pain to get to. so can wire connectors and clutch bits. but you can do it.
I tip my hat to you sir, for keeping such a rare beast in fine form. living.
DevotedLazyArmyworm-size_restricted.gif

-it was fun to read about the dirt. keeping your entire car clean is your best bet for diagnosis and ease of repair.

@Van Veen keep an eye on the mail man. i finally got around to sending you a little something. for those with looooooong memories.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
So if I lease a 3 series M in a skittle colour will I be given "car guy" status?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads