• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So with BMW dead to me, where’s a guy to go for a true four-seat sports car like daily driver? Hope that the RS6 avant isn’t phenomenally expensive?
E63S > M5C for exhaust and engine noise alone. They're both grest cars, both depreciate like crazy.

If you're cool with going smaller, then RS3 or C63. I can't think of another sport sedan in that segment without going to Panamera or AMG GT63S, but those are mid-100s spec'd out right.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My 2016 C63S AMG was cheaper to finance than lease for monthly payments.
Uh yeah. That’s not good at all.

Re: M5C, it’s probably the best Looking BMW now along with the M8. But isn’t all that much fun to drive although BMW let me drag race it a few times at an M event and I made myself motion sick. But pure acceleration got old.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Panamera is the answer.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So Hroi goes full Porsche stable except for the McLaren? What about an S8 or RS7?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Mercedes a fine option, especially with the new displays/interiors. I know we’ve extensively went over how AMG’s are terrible to lease. How terrible is it, exactly?

A $110k M5 with discounts, trunk money and multiple security deposits could probably be leased from $1200-1400 a month with zero down/36 mos. wonder how much you could realistically talk a MB dealer down for an equivalently priced E63??

Two years ago when it was time to renew the douchemobile the AMGs were in the low 40s for residual and the money factor was stupid high, like 7.5% interest.

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enjoying our new Model3 for more than a month already.

48533095097_f6d14f04ac_b.jpg

48593832801_3baa84ef76_b.jpg

48544787927_3f09293edb_b.jpg

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So Hroi goes full Porsche stable except for the McLaren? What about an S8 or RS7?
I’m somewhat tearfully hanging onto the E46 M3 as a reminder of BMW at its peak. Other than that, over the next two years i’ll need two daily drivers for wife and i. We’ll see what’s on offer in 2021. Wife loves crossovers but i wonder if i can convince her to go for an Avant.
Two years ago when it was time to renew the douchemobile the AMGs were in the low 40s for residual and the money factor was stupid high, like 7.5% interest.
On a $100k+ MSRP vehicle? That is beyond terrible. Back of the envelope, that’s like a $2500+ payment

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Well, if you consolidate Subies and manage to stop yourself from ******* with the Forester any further (it looks good as it is, but i know - this kind of advice is rich, coming from me)...you can throw all your time and funding into your wife’s flex car.

Japan has got to be the best country to choose a project car from...all these obscure fantastic automobiles. I’m thinking you should set her up in a Century or Eunos Cosmo

That is the plan. go from 3 Subies to 2.then to 1. (I still have the legacy to daily, and will pass it on to a new home when the Forester is done.)

plans for the Forester? basically just the driveline swap.
I'll have a Bro clean up some scratches, and repaint the hood scoop. also replace the plastic side wind/rain shields and new headlights. just clean.

I'll Drop the height by putting in Gc8 Coilovers.
Wheels? I got a set of Work Emotion CR Kai's, and a set of Enkei for Syms that could be resprayed. Tires could be Nitto's? so. . . cheap shoes.

It's a matter of using what i got. and not having to buy much to make it happen.

Thanks. it really is a stellar example of the make and model.
-with a little work.

It can all start when we find it's replacement. My wife is not an enthusiast. so anything cool or quirky is out. (Boo)

On Monday we stopped at the Nissan Dealership. to look at a "Caspian Blue"
X-Trail Autech edition.

Other options are: Volvo V90,Subaru Levorg Sti,Mini Clubman,Honda Vezel,Subaru XV,and FJ Cruiser.

*Shrug*

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Uh yeah. That’s not good at all.

Re: M5C, it’s probably the best Looking BMW now along with the M8. But isn’t all that much fun to drive although BMW let me drag race it a few times at an M event and I made myself motion sick. But pure acceleration got old.

Well now there is still M8GC Comp coming...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone going to Great Marques Concours d'Elegance on Long Island this weekend?

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, won't be there. However, there is a big car event in Newport the week of October 3-6th. I believe it will be at one of the Newport Mansions, and there will be a driving event for the concours entrants one day, a concert one night, a Gala event, a PCA concours on the Saturday, and the main concours event on Sunday. It is being run by the Audrain Auto Museum and I believe may be Jay Leno is involved in it also. I'm serving at a judge for the PCA concours and attending the main concours event on Sunday. I think with it being a few days, they are trying to make it like the week leading up to concours at Pebble Beach.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been in the past. Very nice setting and strong showing of cars. I will admit, not same caliber but I prefer the one held a the Americana, where the parking lot is nicer than the "show" cars.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm serving at a judge for the PCA concours and attending the main concours event on Sunday. I think with it being a few days, they are trying to make it like the week leading up to concours at Pebble Beach.
Hey @Dino944 , how often does your PCA chapter do rallies and non-track driving events?

I kinda feel this is the one area where Gold Coast is kinda lacking, but i wonder if other chapters are any different

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey @Dino944 , how often does your PCA chapter do rallies and non-track driving events?

I kinda feel this is the one area where Gold Coast is kinda lacking, but i wonder if other chapters are any different

For non-track events, my region does 2 or 3 per year (but I imagine our driving season is much shorter than yours, many people store their fun cars from November 1 through April up here). I've done one this season, and there is another one coming up that I am doing.

However, I've also developed a network of car buddies and sometimes we do our own drives, even to PCA events. Another friend of mine who now lives in California and owns a Boxster Spyder and a 964 Targa has done the same and now goes for drives with his other Boxster Spyder friends or sometimes his aircooled/911 friends. The tough part is usually picking a destination and a good route for everyone to drive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads