• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
A 0-60 in 4.6 Forester?

but this will be my daily.

The deal is, she gets a fancy modern car. and she looks away.
i bought the fozzy for my wife.

but now we both see a window.

and you can tell. if i bought a car for her. and she trusts me?
WTF do i buy to release it?

she knows its the ****.

swinging to a XV in grey.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You know what...you’re catching me at a bad moment because of a bunch of unanticipated expenses this weekend, but...

I’d make damn sure one project was completely done before I started a new one. Or sell it so it doesn’t distract you later.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
rekot55f6ol31.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like I’m officially no longer a BMW customer for the foreseeable future. The next gen M3/M4 was my last chance to stay, but not with this design.

Legit bummed at this once-beloved company :cry:

you beat me to it, I thought the side profile looks good (like a mini 8 series, back looked a bit like X6?), I don't dislike or like the front, similar design in 3.0 CSL hommeage just looked a lot better, guess they can't slanted it like the 3.0 CSL due to the hitting pedestrian regulation?

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
You know what...you’re catching me at a bad moment because of a bunch of unanticipated expenses this weekend, but...

I’d make damn sure one project was completely done before I started a new one. Or sell it so it doesn’t distract you later.

I totally understand you here. the thing is, This would be my one and only project car for the moment. and i can't bear to have the Yellow car languishing in the snow. or having to dig it out of the snow several times a year only to not be using it.

So why the mash up with the wife's Forester? 2 things.
1. The yellow car is honestly too far gone, body wise. but it is a great Driveline donor car for a low kilometer Forester. Then tipping over "appearance package". into a full 100% Sti Car. it shall be rowdy. and wicked fast.

2. I am coming to understand the whole "Keeping up appearances" thing.
At my work, all the mothers fill the parking lot with Macan's,Q5's,Benz's,X2's ,and all the big Toyota vans. It's a flexing competition. where the Wife's get put in these luxury things.
- Because what's more status than your wife rolling a classy car?
and the women compete hard. with their presentation. their goods,their car branding. They are the outgoing flagship of the family. their purpose is to show their family's success.

Well? We are not poor. why should my wife be tooling around in a 20 year old Subaru?
no. we are going to do something about that. my wife is going to be proud. to show that our efforts have got us this far. she deserves that shiny rig.
-we do. we have earned it. My wife too, will hold her head high. and have zero fiscal embarrassment.
we can afford it. if we choose carefully. as far as payments go? i am prepared to flip her $300 a month. that she can raise if she wants to. so, what can she get for $500 a month?

It's time to be, and look like a grown up.
(well, her. i will be still in the Subies)

brokencycle

Reaction score
Looks like I’m officially no longer a BMW customer for the foreseeable future. The next gen M3/M4 was my last chance to stay, but not with this design.

Legit bummed at this once-beloved company :cry:

That grill is terrible. Did they just slap the x7 grill on there to save cost/part proliferation?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, the rest of the design does look quite good. Lines are coherent, no ugly or dissonant features other than the grill. The front clip is enough to ruin the entire design for me, though. BMW constantly claims that customers say that BMW’s aren’t ‘distinctive enough’ so these grills are the solution to that problem. I keep wondering, who are these people who think this looks good??

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I totally understand you here. the thing is, This would be my one and only project car for the moment. and i can't bear to have the Yellow car languishing in the snow. or having to dig it out of the snow several times a year only to not be using it.

So why the mash up with the wife's Forester? 2 things.
1. The yellow car is honestly too far gone, body wise. but it is a great Driveline donor car for a low kilometer Forester. Then tipping over "appearance package". into a full 100% Sti Car. it shall be rowdy. and wicked fast.

2. I am coming to understand the whole "Keeping up appearances" thing.
At my work, all the mothers fill the parking lot with Macan's,Q5's,Benz's,X2's ,and all the big Toyota vans. It's a flexing competition. where the Wife's get put in these luxury things.
- Because what's more status than your wife rolling a classy car?
and the women compete hard. with their presentation. their goods,their car branding. They are the outgoing flagship of the family. their purpose is to show their family's success.

Well? We are not poor. why should my wife be tooling around in a 20 year old Subaru?
no. we are going to do something about that. my wife is going to be proud. to show that our efforts have got us this far. she deserves that shiny rig.
-we do. we have earned it. My wife too, will hold her head high. and have zero fiscal embarrassment.
we can afford it. if we choose carefully. as far as payments go? i am prepared to flip her $300 a month. that she can raise if she wants to. so, what can she get for $500 a month?

It's time to be, and look like a grown up.
(well, her. i will be still in the Subies)
Well, if you consolidate Subies and manage to stop yourself from ******* with the Forester any further (it looks good as it is, but i know - this kind of advice is rich, coming from me)...you can throw all your time and funding into your wife’s flex car.

Japan has got to be the best country to choose a project car from...all these obscure fantastic automobiles. I’m thinking you should set her up in a Century or Eunos Cosmo

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, the rest of the design does look quite good. Lines are coherent, no ugly or dissonant features other than the grill. The front clip is enough to ruin the entire design for me, though. BMW constantly claims that customers say that BMW’s aren’t ‘distinctive enough’ so these grills are the solution to that problem. I keep wondering, who are these people who think this looks good??

The grille is bad, but the rest of the car is fucked up too! Look at the proportions, particularly the swollen front end. The overhang makes the car look almost front wheel drive. BMW bodies used to look like they were pulled down taut over the chassis—this one looks like its stuffed with filler and floating on top.

Euro pedestrian safety standards have harmed no company’s aesthetics more than BMW’s. I suppose that has to do with the length of their inline-6 engines.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The grille is bad, but the rest of the car is fucked up too! Look at the proportions, particularly the swollen front end. The overhang makes the car look almost front wheel drive. BMW bodies used to look like they were pulled down taut over the chassis—this one looks like its stuffed with filler and floating on top.

Euro pedestrian safety standards have harmed no company’s aesthetics more than BMW’s. I suppose that has to do with the length of their inline-6 engines.
Fair enough, and i would also prefer ‘no filler’ aesthetics. But to my eye the design at least flows coherently and is not too bad as far as modern cars go. But then they stick that front clip on like shoving the car into a facefull of ****

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Fair enough, and i would also prefer ‘no filler’ aesthetics. But to my eye the design at least flows coherently and is not too bad as far as modern cars go. But then they stick that front clip on like shoving the car into a facefull of ****

Also, this is just the concept car . . .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads