• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know base is sub 60k, but is the sub 3 second with ZL1 or not?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Is there any chance of these getting sold without the dealers tossing and extra 20k or more onto the price?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i wouldn't put it past some greedy dealers to try that game right at this moment while excitement is sky high. but the Corvette is a mass-production vehicle. you'd have to be really impatient, really dumb, uninformed....or all three to agree to an ADM.

looked up the production numbers for the Bowling Green plant and they've produced as much as 40,000 Corvettes in a year

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I have to admit I'd be tempted but it would suck for me as a DD with my daily commute. Also way more than a new Outback. ;)

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Borrowed this photoshop from corvette forum :

C4CB5A52-5A82-4720-9D25-9C951F9AD4A5.jpeg

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i wouldn't put it past some greedy dealers to try that game right at this moment while excitement is sky high. but the Corvette is a mass-production vehicle. you'd have to be really impatient, really dumb, uninformed....or all three to agree to an ADM.

looked up the production numbers for the Bowling Green plant and they've produced as much as 40,000 Corvettes in a year

Though there is a fair chance the sub-60K base price will quietly be increased in the near future.

I've never been interested in corvettes built after 1969 but I am actually considering getting one of these next year when the excitement dies down and the performance/convertible models come out

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
With the performance package starting at 64k. Not bad.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd have a hard time justifying ZR1/Z06 when the base/Z51 packages are so stout but a supercharged convertible will be really tempting for under 100K

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m floored. Just, wow. At least on paper it looks unbelievable.

Naturally aspirated
0-60 that matches a Veyron or ZR1
Should handle like a beast considering the FR C7 already impressed in that category, on leaf springs! C8 has full coilovers
Good looking modern interior
Cool tech like the geo-taggable front lift
A ton of space - they said two golf clubs in the back, carryon in the front. Plus a storable targa roof (I assume you can’t do the golf clubs plus targa roof together tho)
ALL FOR $60K plus however much Z51 pack will cost

The bad - no manual

The potentially bad
I personally love the aesthetics but Corvettes tend to look better in pics than in person to me. So we’ll see if it’s actually meh without the careful lighting and angles used in the photos
Interior material quality always a concern with GM’s

The exciting:
This is the ******* Z51! What are the ZO6 and ZR1 gonna look like and how cheap are they gonna be vs other supercars?

I think Chevy really raised the bar here but let’s see how I feel when I’m less drunk ?

My father has a C6 that he uses as his road trip car and he normally skips a generation before upgrading so I know he is geeking out about this, especially the gps nose lift because his driveway is rather steep. He stopped driving manuals back in the 90s so the lack of 3 pedals won't bother him. Unfortunately reports that the C8 has about half the storage space of the C6 (22.4 cubic-feet vs 12.6 cubic-feet) is a little concerning. He needs to be able to carry his tennis gear as well as luggage for him and the wife. He's a convertible lover so I'm not sure the targa will move enough air for him. I've read that the any future convertible will most likely be a power hardtop which would be a major win for the old man but will undoubtedly nibble away at that precious storage space.

Beautiful vehicle

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Steering wheel and rear need work. Would be cool if they went the flat crank route like the 350GT. I think Foo said it is a modified frame, which is dubious to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads