• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Thrift Vader I can see no matter how much hands on evidence I provide or other resources you are never going to change your OPINION on the matter, and a close-minded one at that.... oh well. I mean I think modern-day Subaru STI’s are outdated shitboxes and there’s plenty or proof out there to back it up, but that’s not going to stop me from loving them.

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After our Volvo acquisition Imma big fan of Costco program. That alone got me 4k of what ended up being nearly 10k off MSRP.
Speaking of Costco, what’s up with the lines for gas? Never seen this anywhere else, like 10 cars each row.

A237C2D1-9D9A-48D7-B2F1-A53A2DB0F13C.jpeg

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Meh.

View attachment 1207431

These new McLarens do not get much interest from car geeks. I find them pretty boring myself. No one seemed to care that it was there.
Wow, is that a Paris Blue 600LT spider? I tried to ignore the LT’s because my car budget was already toast with the 570s, but this would have likely been an instakop for me, budget be twice-damned.

I wonder if Mac of Greenwich sold it? I talked to them about all of their inventory and the fact that there might have been a PB LT never came up

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Once again with a topic centered around Ferrari, I have a larger sample size for determination. Working for Ferrari and also being the Lot Manager among lead New Car Detail, I didn’t have trouble with Ferrari’s routinely needing batteries jumped or tended. It was one of my many daily responsibilities, like making sure every car in the inventory was able to start and had fuel. There was some new non-PDI’ed cars that had some trouble. Maserati was a different story altogether.

But these were new Ferraris, no?

Dino seems to have quite a lot of exposure to Ferraris as well.

Anyway, the main point is that it isn’t normal for any car to drain its battery within days. If it’s happening, something is wrong.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, is that a Paris Blue 600LT spider? I tried to ignore the LT’s because my car budget was already toast with the 570s, but this would have likely been an instakop for me, budget be twice-damned.

I've driven both the 600LT and 570S. The 600's performance absolutely does NOT justify the price delta between the two cars.

I was expecting a Carrera S --> GT3 type difference. Not even close.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I wonder if Mac of Greenwich sold it? I talked to them about all of their inventory and the fact that there might have been a PB LT never came up

No idea, to be honest. We didn’t talk to the owner. The Lambo guy had too many interesting stories to tell.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But these were new Ferraris, no?

Dino seems to have quite a lot of exposure to Ferraris as well.

Anyway, the main point is that it isn’t normal for any car to drain its battery within days. If it’s happening, something is wrong.

We had both new and CPO in our inventory and quite the size of both considering our customer reach was all of N.J. (being the only factory authorized dealership in the state). So my sample size includes new and CPO.

I’m not doubting Dino’s exposure to Ferrari.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just kidding, turns out I did get a shot of the R32. Next to it is a minty NSX (inexplicably resprayed red by a museum).

brokencycle

Reaction score
Meh.

View attachment 1207431

These new McLarens do not get much interest from car geeks. I find them pretty boring myself. No one seemed to care that it was there.

There were far more folks looking at the GT3s and people were most excited about the R32 GTR. A group circled around to hear about how the Murcielago owner had to completely rebuild his car after 3,300 miles (b/c Lambo). A Peformante showed up that I was psyched to check-out, but didn't seem to get much attention from anyone else.

In all, a fairly modest showing, but still fun.

The McLaren is a cool car, but it is certainly understated especially in a blue like that. If you weren't a car person, and you saw one driving down the road, it doesn't look as exotic or unique as a Lambo or other Italian car.

I actually do like the Miami blue more than the Mexico blue, but I think either are good choices. I am lukewarm on that Gelbgrun though. I don't hate it, but I wouldn't pay a premium for it, certainly.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We had both new and CPO in our inventory and quite the size of both considering our customer reach was all of N.J. (being the only factory authorized dealership in the state). So my sample size includes new and CPO.

I’m not doubting Dino’s exposure to Ferrari.

My exposure is largely friends and acquaintances, most who have CPO or pre-owned cars, and my chats with the techs at the independent shop that works on my car. I would venture to say, since interacting with Ferraris was not part my day to day employment, so you probably have far more experience in a variety of areas with Ferraris especially new ones.

What I can say is the head tech told me if he doesn't keep his F12 on a trickle charger it dies after a few days. I didn't ask specifically whether its a week, less than a week 10 days or what. He is my one contact with an F12 owner so when someone asked, I mentioned the issue he has had. He has also said the older Fcars are easier to live with in the respect that there are fewer computers, fewer drains on the battery, and fewer things to go wrong. He has worked on Ferraris for about 50 years. He has the latest software and they work on everything there from 62 250 Lussos to 458s (so far they have worked on all the supercars except the La Ferrari). They don't see the newest cars as service is included for the first 7 years through the official dealers. He has owned several. He says there isn't something specifically wrong with his car, its just the way it is. His is a CPO car. An acquaintance traded a Ghibli toward a 430 Spider, saying he had tons of issues with the Ghibli, and that the 430 was far better but he also had a battery issue.

One acquaintance with a 458 has had no issues at all. Most of the guys I know with older Ferraris 308,328, TRs, its mostly about sourcing parts and maintaining them. But for the most part they are really well sorted cars. In the end, the head tech with the F12 loves his car, even with the quirky battery thing. Other than that he has no issues with it.

Ferraris have never been cars for everyone, and at times one does make sacrifices, but when one is running through the gears on a winding road, some of their quirks or shortcoming are quickly forgotten. Cheers!

brokencycle

Reaction score
Speaking of Costco, what’s up with the lines for gas? Never seen this anywhere else, like 10 cars each row.

View attachment 1207488

People like spending 20 minutes to save $1? If the line is short, I'll fill up at Costco, but I see it stack up at our local one. If you figure it takes 5 minutes for someone to get out, swipe there card, fill up, and leave, and you have to wait for two rotations of that, you saved $0.10/gallon for 10 extra minutes of time, so $1-2.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People like spending 20 minutes to save $1? If the line is short, I'll fill up at Costco, but I see it stack up at our local one. If you figure it takes 5 minutes for someone to get out, swipe there card, fill up, and leave, and you have to wait for two rotations of that, you saved $0.10/gallon for 10 extra minutes of time, so $1-2.

Not only that but here in New Jersey it’s still Full Service, which I’m in the minority apparently, I don’t mind not pumping my own gas. I get to sit back and relax while someone else sweats or freezes and my cologne doesn’t have to compete with the fumes. Lines here aren’t long either, so I’m usually waited on immediately.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ferraris have never been cars for everyone, and at times one does make sacrifices, but when one is running through the gears on a winding road, some of their quirks or shortcoming are quickly forgotten. Cheers!

Couldn't have said it better. Thanks for taking the time to type that all up.

Makes me think of this video (mainly at 2:30)

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldn't have said it better. Thanks for taking the time to type that all up.

Makes me think of this video (mainly at 2:30)

I've seen that video and that is my dream living room! Although, Mrs. Dino is a big fan of the Ferrari Boxers, that is definitely not her dream living room. Cheers!

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just kidding, turns out I did get a shot of the R32. Next to it is a minty NSX (inexplicably resprayed red by a museum).

View attachment 1207501
This was on Greenwich? Where abouts? I live like 10 minutes from the downtown area. Although I'd be in the BMW white trash group apparently and it's not even the M3/4.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads