• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wish they'd do something other than fly-bys for exhaust sounds, and I think that's why this video is so boring. The best way to judge exhaust sound for me is during downshifts, and since the car has auto-blip, it should be trivial to do by anyone, and there might have been only one in this video (around 3:35). 2nd best is upshift from redline at WOT. I think the McLaren F1 has the best upshift sound because of how fast its revs fall. Porsches have a pretty distinctive upshift sound too with their double stutter sound like race cars make.
Yeah you’re right but even from flybys I can tell it’s more muffled and less sonorous (if that word means what I think it means). The 981 GT4 snarls on a mid-rpm flyby and roars on a WOT flyby

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw a Street/Track Roadster a few days ago, it was neat. made me wonder how you are doing.

I'm good! Just settling into residency.

Been having a lot of issues tuning the car with new firmware that has something called 'engine states' that relate to how the ECU decides to trigger closed loop idle. So my car has been insanely hard to drive because it tries to stall everytime i come to a stop. The issue is much better right now and I'm going to try a few other things over the weekend to see if I can remedy the situation.

Kinda also wanna turn up the bewst so likely going to do that this weekend as well.

There was an incident a few towns over with a drunk driver and cops have been out at full force overnight. I've seen like 5 people pulled over after driving for 15 mins. Makes it a bit hard to get some logs and tune even though the roads are empty...

How's ish with you?

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He’s been a lot more mellow after he discovered figging

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm good! Just settling into residency.

Been having a lot of issues tuning the car with new firmware that has something called 'engine states' that relate to how the ECU decides to trigger closed loop idle. So my car has been insanely hard to drive because it tries to stall everytime i come to a stop. The issue is much better right now and I'm going to try a few other things over the weekend to see if I can remedy the situation.

Kinda also wanna turn up the bewst so likely going to do that this weekend as well.

There was an incident a few towns over with a drunk driver and cops have been out at full force overnight. I've seen like 5 people pulled over after driving for 15 mins. Makes it a bit hard to get some logs and tune even though the roads are empty...

How's ish with you?

Yeah New Jersey Police & State Troopers aren’t something you want to chance, they’re pretty famous for not giving breaks, especially around where you’re situated. Kevin Smith makes several references to that in his films.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah New Jersey Police & State Troopers aren’t something you want to chance, they’re pretty famous for not giving breaks, especially around where you’re situated. Kevin Smith makes several references to that in his films.

And another one to add to the long list in the 'con' column for this trash state.

Might have to start leaving my white coat hanging off the back of my seat :p

Last edited:

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@HRoi theyre planning on bringing the A6 Allroad to NA... Same same but different?

Also if anyone played Initial D...

DREAMS DO COME TRUE

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And another one to add to the long list in the 'con' column for this trash state.

Might have to start leaving my white coat hanging off the back of my seat :p

Lol interested to see that list, hopefully some pros on there. I’ve lived here my whole life, the “dirty Jersey” thing is a total misconception. If you enter it from New York or Philadelphia I’m not surprised by that belief; cities power plants and refineries. However there’s plenty of lavish countryside, State Forests, twisty mountain roads, and more beaches per square mile then your gonna find anywhere else. Plenty of great driving roads too. You just gotta drive a short while outside the cities. Check out Vernon or Bridgewater, excellent country driving roads. Have you had a proper Pork Roll Egg & Cheese yet (also called Taylor Ham)? It’s a Jersey thing.

**** man we even have our own Rodeo and it’s famous even outside of the state. Check out “Cowtown” for that in the southern part of the state.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol interested to see that list, hopefully some pros on there. I’ve lived here my whole life, the “dirty Jersey” thing is a total misconception. If you enter it from New York or Philadelphia I’m not surprised by that belief; cities power plants and refineries. However there’s plenty of lavish countryside, State Forests, twisty mountain roads, and more beaches per square mile then your gonna find anywhere else. Plenty of great driving roads too. You just gotta drive a short while outside the cities. Check out Vernon or Bridgewater, excellent country driving roads. Have you had a proper Pork Roll Egg & Cheese yet (also called Taylor Ham)? It’s a Jersey thing.

**** man we even have our own Rodeo and it’s famous even outside of the state. Check out “Cowtown” for that in the southern part of the state.

MA>NJ

That said, I do really like the program here.

Also, I give it lots of **** because I grew up in bucks county, PA but like every good indian person I first moved to NJ when we first got here from the motherland lol.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MA>NJ

That said, I do really like the program here.

Also, I give it lots of **** because I grew up in bucks county, PA but like every good indian person I first moved to NJ when we first got here from the motherland lol.

That’s cool. I just feel I gotta represent the real Jersey, not the fake **** you see on TV like the “Jersey Shore” nonsense. 90% of the cast is actually from New York, so you would think they’d be more of an embarrassment to NYC then their adopted state of NJ.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That’s cool. I just feel I gotta represent the real Jersey, not the fake **** you see on TV like the “Jersey Shore” nonsense. 90% of the cast is actually from New York, so you would think they’d be more of an embarrassment to NYC then their adopted state of NJ.

I've actually never watched the jersey shore, nor do I ever have any intention to lol. I'll have to check out Bridgewater. Looks like it's pretty close!

I'm going to lose my mind driving up and down rt1 to tune lol.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've actually never watched the jersey shore, nor do I ever have any intention to lol. I'll have to check out Bridgewater. Looks like it's pretty close!

I'm going to lose my mind driving up and down rt1 to tune lol.

LOL There's ways around Route 1. That's the great thing about Central NJ...lots of back roads. Route 18 is pretty clear after the Turnpike entrance. Also Route 9 is also good. Stay clear of Route 1 and 287.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually know a guy from NJ, who always calls it "Dirty Jersery." He is a big time 328 Ferrari owner (he sells one, the bug comes back and he buys another). He has owned 8 different ones and bought one of them back twice. When he isn't driving a 328 he is driving an air cooled 911 (G body, 964, or 993). Like any state, there are definitely nice parts of NJ, not to mention Ferrari of North America is in Englwood Cliffs, NJ. ;)

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually know a guy from NJ, who always calls it "Dirty Jersery." He is a big time 328 Ferrari owner (he sells one, the bug comes back and he buys another). He has owned 8 different ones and bought one of them back twice. When he isn't driving a 328 he is driving an air cooled 911 (G body, 964, or 993). Like any state, there are definitely nice parts of NJ, not to mention Ferrari of North America is in Englwood Cliffs, NJ. ;)

Can I wager a bet that your friend is from South Jersey? That's a common phrase among many parts of those from the South (who are huge Philly, Eagle and Flyer fans).

My boss at Ferrari of Central New Jersey was the former CFO of Ferrari North America. Before his departure, he was with FNA for 30 years rising through the ranks.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I wager a bet that your friend is from South Jersey? That's a common phrase among many parts of those from the South (who are huge Philly, Eagle and Flyer fans).

My boss at Ferrari of Central New Jersey was the former CFO of Ferrari North America. Before his departure, he was with FNA for 30 years rising through the ranks.

Yes, if IIRC he was from South Jersey.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads