• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Modern Rolls Royce I couldn't agree any more. However 1980/1990's Rolls Royce and it's the opposite for me. This is the other lady in my Dentist's stable, taken care of by yours truly. Although I don't drive it as frequently as the Ferrari, but I have put on some serious miles over the last 12 years. I use to keep the car for at least a week, it was amusing showing up to work with it.

1989 Rolls Royce Silver Spur. Interior is almost brand new. He bought it for his father before he passed, it was his dream car. At well over 6,000 pounds it's no wonder why the mafia loved them; heavy enough to get through anything in its path and quick enough to get away from the scene.

View attachment 1190786
View attachment 1190787 View attachment 1190788 View attachment 1190789
Just look at this, and then the stupid-ass Cullinan that OMG also posted. Goddamn BMW has ruined everything. I’m personally sad because i feel betrayed by the company i’ve been so loyal to

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the old school 3.3 liter 930 Turbo calipers, black and silver and the name isn't merely painted on, its in base relief. The calipers are red on our Porsche, but I find all the brightly colored calipers a bit juvenile. On our other cars they are just silver or gray.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You thinking about it too? I’m sticking with the current lineup for 2-3 years and then thinking about trading one car in for a 992 GT3 (hopefully can get Touring), or two cars for a Tributo.

The issue with this plan is that i need to start talking to dealers to get on lists....kinda now

I'm certainly intrigued, but the 992 GT cars would have to be something truly special for me to consider making an immediate move.

In the meantime I'm hoping to get into a Scuderia within the next 12 months (as an addition to the RS, not a replacement).

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
And Porsche really needs to announce the 992 GT3 ASAP so I can figure out wtf I'm going to do with the RS (and how much money I'm going to lose in the process).

You thinking about it too? I’m sticking with the current lineup for 2-3 years and then thinking about trading one car in for a 992 GT3 (hopefully can get Touring), or two cars for a Tributo.

The issue with this plan is that i need to start talking to dealers to get on lists....kinda now

The .1RS has already taken most of its depreciation (happened when the .2GT3 came out), so you're not likely to see much more of a hit.

Most journalists, as well as people I know who are connected to the factory, concur that the 992 GT3 will continue to be naturally aspirated. The engine is almost certain to be the same as the new Speedster engine, maybe with a small 5-10HP boost in power. There's not much more you can get out of it in a cost effective manner. Smart money is on ~520HP output. So, 20HP up on the current GT3.

The downsides versus the .2GT3 will likely be weight, sound, and potentially cost.

The 992 cars are 150-200 lbs. heavier than the 991.2 generation. A lot of that is built into the chassis to support future hybridization and so can't be taken out. Incremental horsepower gains won't be enough to compensate--they need to lighten the car elsewhere. That will be expensive. Won't be surprised if the new GT3 costs significantly more than the current one. A $20K+ jump in MSRP doesn't seem implausible.

Sound is going to kind of suck. Just listen to the Speedster. The particulate filters really do suck the life out of the exhaust and, for reasons previously discussed, may not be removable without a serious tune.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm certainly intrigued, but the 992 GT cars would have to be something truly special for me to consider making an immediate move.

In the meantime I'm hoping to get into a Scuderia within the next 12 months (as an addition to the RS, not a replacement).
mmmf a Scuderia. buy the Blu Pozzi one at CNC motors in CA and sell it to me in a few years.
The .1RS has already taken most of its depreciation (happened when the .2GT3 came out), so you're not likely to see much more of a hit.

Most journalists, as well as people I know who are connected to the factory, concur that the 992 GT3 will continue to be naturally aspirated. The engine is almost certain to be the same as the new Speedster engine, maybe with a small 5-10HP boost in power. There's not much more you can get out of it in a cost effective manner. Smart money is on ~520HP output. So, 20HP up on the current GT3.

The downsides versus the .2GT3 will likely be weight, sound, and potentially cost.

The 992 cars are 150-200 lbs. heavier than the 991.2 generation. A lot of that is built into the chassis to support future hybridization and so can't be taken out. Incremental horsepower gains won't be enough to compensate--they need to lighten the car elsewhere. That will be expensive. Won't be surprised if the new GT3 costs significantly more than the current one. A $20K+ jump in MSRP doesn't seem implausible.

Sound is going to kind of suck. Just listen to the Speedster. The particulate filters really do suck the life out of the exhaust and, for reasons previously discussed, may not be removable without a serious tune.
i mostly agree with this - it will be incremental improvement at best. likely found through tweaking displacement a bit. i'm actually most excited that the GT3 will finally be a wide body...that in Touring guise would be delicious. i also wonder if they move to active aero on the RS in the pursuit of dat ultimate Ring time.

with that said, i own a 997 GT3, so the performance improvement (but not the character :cool:) would be much more significant for me, having skipped the 991 generation.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i mostly agree with this - it will be incremental improvement at best. likely found through tweaking displacement a bit. i'm actually most excited that the GT3 will finally be a wide body...that in Touring guise would be delicious. i also wonder if they move to active aero on the RS in the pursuit of dat ultimate Ring time.

with that said, i own a 997 GT3, so the performance improvement (but not the character :cool:) would be much more significant for me, having skipped the 991 generation.

I think displacement is max’ed out. More power will have to come through some sort of incremental structural refinements.

Current GT3 is already wide body (same width as 4WD models). Believe 992 GT3 will be similar.

I’m most curious to see how they overcome the weight problem.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
by widebody, i meant the widest possible one (the one on the Turbo). the GT3 still has a narrower body than that, no? because i thought the Turbo and the GT3RS had the same body, with the GT3 being narrower than those two

so i want that fat ass with everything GT3 except all the louvered fenders and tall wings of the RS. and in a manual transmission

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, it won't be widebody.

Chassis trickery?

All 992 cars will be wide body (what used to be reserved for 4WD and GT3 cars). The Turbo cars will be even wider.

Don't know about chassis tricks. They already have RWS on all models. Active aero is likely.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
by widebody, i meant the widest possible one (the one on the Turbo). the GT3 still has a narrower body than that, no? because i thought the Turbo and the GT3RS had the same body, with the GT3 being narrower than those two

so i want that fat ass with everything GT3 except all the louvered fenders and tall wings of the RS. and in a manual transmission

The 991 cars had three body widths: narrow body (sub-GTS RWD Carreras), wide body (4WD Carreras, GTS, GT3, R, etc.), and extra wide body (Turbo S, GT3 RS, etc.).

They eliminated the narrow body for the 992 generation. But that doesn't mean the GT3 moves to the wider of the wide bodies. Maybe it's better if it doesn't--the GT3 and R are better road cars than the RS thanks in no small part to lighter weight, more placeable rear end, and livelier handling. A wider rear track would diminish those advantages.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mmmf a Scuderia. buy the Blu Pozzi one at CNC motors in CA and sell it to me in a few years.

I actually really like that particular spec. And though not much of a yellow guy, I think the Scuderia wears Giallo rather well:

6607230577_6dcf932675_b.jpg

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mrs. JBar is changing jobs and may look for a new car soon. It really just gives me time to dream of what could be. Anyhow, what the hell has BMW done to their car names?

Why is everything sDrive or xDrive for the lower end then the mid range is M35i which are the fake M-cars? It used to be 328 or 528 were the entry level in the US then you went up to the 335 or 535. Simple.

That is after you figured out which model you want to look at which is an entirely different story. After a few minutes on the website I decided...maybe not BMW even though they could have something interesting, I would not be able to find it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads