• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw this today. If I recall these things are pretty fast. Volvo S60 R

17488C52-8CBD-498C-A79E-9872FE8BF0C4.jpeg

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have decided that if I did get a weekend, garage queen it would be a mid-90s Impala SS. I would shave all the weight off it I could, aftermarket the hell out of the engine, and drive it 1k miles per year.

104003.jpg
IIRC, its near impossible or way overpriced to find an actual Impala SS these days. Most are Chevy Caprice clones. Same goes with the Buick Grand Nationals. They can be had, but anything not completely rusted out or in dire need of repairs is $$$$$$$.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it's also 4k lbs of car being carted about by a sub 300 hp engine. still a lot of fun in the 90's but it will be one of the slowest cars on the street today. someone was selling 400 hp power kits for them back in the day (Hennessy? Callaway?) but even that version would have a hard time keeping up with midsize Hyundais and Infinitis.

there are newer cars that offer an updated experience (there actually is a Chevrolet SS that is basically the new Impala SS, as opposed to the car currently wearing the Impala badge, which is a rental car fleet turd), but vintage car choices rarely make any sense. it's always some personal connection that starts the obsession.

maybe Piob lost his virginity in an Impala SS :lol:

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IIRC, its near impossible or way overpriced to find an actual Impala SS these days. Most are Chevy Caprice clones. Same goes with the Buick Grand Nationals. They can be had, but anything not completely rusted out or in dire need of repairs is $$$$$$$.
Grand National was almost my first car back in the mid-2000s. My dad and I restored one to perfect condition, brand new paint job, and we put an upgraded turbo on it. After he showed my mom how quick it was, there was absolutely no chance I was getting it. He sold it for pretty cheap, like 15k or something silly. Probably worth 30k now.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that a question or an offer?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That said, I very much like the styling on the new MB GLB. Okay, I could do without the kink in the rear window line, and the wheels are atrocious, but otherwise it is a great looking car. Gives the Macan real competition for best-looking compact SUV.

I hope the trend returning us back to clean shapes, surfaces and lines takes hold. Brings the focus back to fundamental form, proportions, stance, etc. Mercedes is definitely running with it. BMW could learn a thing or two from their superiors in Stuttgart.

View attachment 1190434

View attachment 1190432

View attachment 1190433

View attachment 1190435

View attachment 1190437

Not a SUV proper compare, but at that ~size I would prefer BMW X2

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
I have decided that if I did get a weekend, garage queen it would be a mid-90s Impala SS. I would shave all the weight off it I could, aftermarket the hell out of the engine, and drive it 1k miles per year.

104003.jpg
Yasssssssssss

Do it.

Something to drive sometimes. Simply for the joy it brings you.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Mulsannes’s look, much better than R.R. if you ask me

Modern Rolls Royce I couldn't agree any more. However 1980/1990's Rolls Royce and it's the opposite for me. This is the other lady in my Dentist's stable, taken care of by yours truly. Although I don't drive it as frequently as the Ferrari, but I have put on some serious miles over the last 12 years. I use to keep the car for at least a week, it was amusing showing up to work with it.

1989 Rolls Royce Silver Spur. Interior is almost brand new. He bought it for his father before he passed, it was his dream car. At well over 6,000 pounds it's no wonder why the mafia loved them; heavy enough to get through anything in its path and quick enough to get away from the scene.

IMG_5664.JPG

IMG_0835.JPG
IMG_5611.JPG
IMG_5628.JPG

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics