• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My dad had a MkII MR2 Turbo. It was a blast to drive and I never had any problems with the handling, but maybe I was just lucky. The shifter in that car was fantastic.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What the **** guys.

I don't log in for a few days and y'all start a miata circle jerk without me?
For shame.

PS: I matched. I find out where friday.
ERMAHGARGGG.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Growing up we used to play football in the street. Do kids still do this? Anyway, there was a Fiero parked near my friends house that NEVER moved and it was in the way of our football field. At some point during the summer a pass was going high so a buddy ran onto the Fiero and caught the ball. It felt like the coolest thing ever to watch. After that, the foot prints stayed on the car for quite a while. At some point years later I helped my buddy move out of that house and the Fiero was still parked but by that point the tires were deflated. We never found out who that car belonged to.

We used to but there weren't any fieros parked on our street, just on my cousin's street in La Crescenta. Oh my mom's friend's daughter drove a white one, made her 10x hotter then.

The del Sol is different from the other two. It’s a FF layout on a Civic platform so it drives exactly like what it is - a 2-seat targa Civic.

The Mk1 MR2 was a light, razor sharp, MR, doorstop looking car that instantly gave you snap oversteer under the right (wrong) conditions. I owned the MkII MR2, which was heavier, more powerful, better looking, and snap-oversteered me into the median of the 134 freeway

I don’t think i ever dared touch a Fiero, much less sit in or drive one

:lol:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve had this happen to me, only it was a Murcielago and it was slightly more painful, as hot unburned fuel shot up in my face

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Hey, @Spats . I heard gossip today that Honda is releasing them N-box Mini van things as a full electric.

-game changer.

Spats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, @Spats . I heard gossip today that Honda is releasing them N-box Mini van things as a full electric.

-game changer.
Fantastic. Now, all we need is an ok-for-the-US model and global warming will be solved, while we sip our lattes. Seriously: electric drive trumps turbos for sheer driving exuberance; they zip through heavy traffic with little effort, making them the ideal "grocery getter."

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Yeah, a fellow mechanic was telling me the Nissan leaf is a hoot to drive.
so an electric all purpose transport could well put Tesla in a spot.

Last edited:

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does the XT4's screen get washed out in sunny weather? Looks like the perfect angle to never be able to tell what is on the screen except at night.

It doesn't, or hasn't yet. I like that they made redundant most features... so almost everything on the screen also has a button somewhere.

Good thing you guys didn't settle on a Q5 as that whole bruhaha just settled down.

We didn't look at any Audi. We were considering Lexus UX or NX, Jag E or Fpace, and Cadillac Xt4 or Xt5. I have a 2017 XE Jag and REALLY wanted to love either the E-Pace or the F-Pace, but honestly wasn't that thrilled for the price difference. We liked the styling of the Cadillac and the "feel;" it felt bigger than the others, even though its not.

Welcome to crossover ownership! I have to admit i didn’t know what that is - so i guess there’s a smaller version of the XT5 now?

Yeah, it's apparently an entirely new platform and design. We drove both, but the Xt4 was better for him and, unlike all the "ballers" on SF... we actually have a budget. From the front, they are very similar in size... but the Xt5 has a much bigger ass. There is also a lot of new stuff in the Xt4 that, I'm guessing, will find its way into the Xt5 very soon.

Black is the Xt4; white is Xt5
x8LNpQd.jpg

Tutg26g.jpg

Tutg26g

x8LNpQd

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw this modified Jeep Wrangler this morning with a funny license plate frame and a stick figure decal.

1E5F060D-17C8-4A48-AF12-C74F0C458A66.jpeg

BD4ADF19-E152-4311-A636-EF8BF97AD9D5.jpeg

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Call me a contrarian, but I always thought the GT3 shifter was overrated. I never thought there was anything special about how mine felt.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw this abomination this morning. I can only imagine how heavy it feels to drive, considering how heavy they felt bone stock. The fender kits are a bit much. Reminds me of those ridiculous “Liberty Walk” kits. They did have a nice pair of G-Wagons in the back though.

B9D94E09-8684-4195-8F9B-033ACEFA1859.jpeg

93AEC301-D769-4234-A83E-A777A0D28680.jpeg

B3CC9A12-CBB2-46C3-9373-750512C3A5D3.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads