• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lulz
I knew you were baiting. True you can tell the difference (oh that one is bigger or has more chrome on it and fancier wheels!) but the general lines (much like with Aston) are cohesive in a way that might be considered too much of a carbon copy and increase/decrease in scale...
Almost all car manufacturers are falling into this design pigeon holing (look at Lexus for god's sake!) and I actually am not the biggest fan of it.

For Audi, the led lights are the first dead giveaway, and then the actual shape of the headlights is pretty telling. But you're right; in terms of body styles/lines they are fairly damn similar to each other, just like Aston.

Edit: As for Lexus, I'm liking their more aggressive styling as of late. I've also heard/read that their handling is becoming very, very good. I've yet to develop an interest in ever owning one, though.

Mercedes is the first car company that comes to mind when it comes to distinct model lineups.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, Lexus is definitely improving. Plenty of people are picking the new GS350 over the 5-series (minus the 550i & M5 because Lexus doesn't have the same engine that compete with the same power at the moment).

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

^ watch him now call me out for including Pagani despite it having only two major model line ups. He's so freaking predictable and I'm actually enjoying kinda saying troll-ish things to elicit a response from him :laugh:.

They stopped production of the Zonda in 2011 (granted, there's a special editing thrown in there every now and then).

Granted, I admire your ability to distinguish between a Zonda and a Huayra.

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

They stopped production of the Zonda in 2011 (granted, there's a special editing thrown in there every now and then).
Granted, I admire your ability to distinguish between a Zonda and a Huayra.

Thanks. I take immense pride in said ability.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyway, this just came in the mail (I feel like such a dork):

:)

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

those wheels look cheesy as ****.
disappointed.

Agree. And too many cuts and extra unnecessary lines as well.

these all evoke a response of :eh:

Would rather have a Prius.

:facepalm:
A4

A6

A8

I believe Audi even made a statement owning up that their cars look too similar and are looking to distinguish them from each other soon.
That said, I have zero trouble differentiating any Porsche, Audi, BMW, or Aston for that matter from one another...I'm surprised any of you fellow car nerds would have trouble...

This is true. I drive an A8 and people have to ask me which model I have. That's not thoughtful design. I've even had trouble distinguishing my car from an A6 a couple of times from the front. Put wider tires on an A6 and it looks the same. That extra 35k was well spent.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
aston up there is for the fast and the furious with money crowd

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That new aston just looks so ungentlemanly. The DB9 and even the old Vanquish looked like they came rolling out of some grand estate where they are washed by the valet. This one looks like it was pulled back from a future where a normal Aston Martin was forced to go mad-max to save the world.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yah. And I love Astons. A 2010 DB9 would suit me just fine, not so much on the new one.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone a clear opinion on the interior? Because that's disappointing me more than the exterior. Its way too futuristic for a British car...

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aaston interiors have always been "hand stitched from the finest leathers" becuase they were about luxury and perfection. That looks like it has to be hand made because the robots refused to build it.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most smaller car manufacturers have sub-par (functionality, not materials-wise) interiors. They don't have the resources to commit a team to the interior only, so it's never very well designed.

henrikc

Reaction score
That steering wheel is hideous. Looks like a pain ********** to operate that center console, especially the lower buttons. Having one button for each gear (P, R, N, D) at the top of the center console seems kind of odd as well.

A4
A6
A8

I believe Audi even made a statement owning up that their cars look too similar and are looking to distinguish them from each other soon.
That said, I have zero trouble differentiating any Porsche, Audi, BMW, or Aston for that matter from one another...I'm surprised any of you fellow car nerds would have trouble...

You should've switched the pictures of the A6 and the A8, just to see if anyone noticed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads