• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I worked for an OEM, this is what I did as well. When you get a new car every year (or every other), you get bored of bland colors.

My next door neighbor is another GM executive pretty high up in the chain and could presumably pick from basically any vehicle they offer. His kids are both grown and out of the house and he doesn't have any hobbies that seem to require lots of hauling space. His vehicles of choice? Buick Enclaves for him and his wife, both in grey/silver. They seem to get a new one every year during the decade they've lived next to us. Occasionally he'll have a Tahoe or Escalade with "Manufacturer" plates but that usually only lasts for a few months and then back to the Buicks. Not that a Tahoe or Escalade is all that interesting, but they seem a little "cooler" than the Enclave. He's a nice enough guy though his personality really matches those Buicks he picks out.

There's yet another GM engineer a few houses down the other way and he's always got an interesting vehicle, usually well before they're released to the public (and occasionally clad out in the dazzle to hide what it really is).

One that always sticks out in my mind was the Cadillac CT-5 he had a couple summers ago that sounded like it had something bigger than the "Blackwing" engine in it (I don't think they even offer that engine anymore). That thing was a beast.

Edit: I just looked it up and it appears the Blackwing is still an option with the CT-5 - 668 hp and 659 lb⋅ft of torque sounds pretty fun!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My next door neighbor is another GM executive pretty high up in the chain and could presumably pick from basically any vehicle they offer. His kids are both grown and out of the house and he doesn't have any hobbies that seem to require lots of hauling space. His vehicles of choice? Buick Enclaves for him and his wife, both in grey/silver. They seem to get a new one every year during the decade they've lived next to us. Occasionally he'll have a Tahoe or Escalade with "Manufacturer" plates but that usually only lasts for a few months and then back to the Buicks. Not that a Tahoe or Escalade is all that interesting, but they seem a little "cooler" than the Enclave. He's a nice enough guy though his personality really matches those Buicks he picks out.

There's yet another GM engineer a few houses down the other way and he's always got an interesting vehicle, usually well before they're released to the public (and occasionally clad out in the dazzle to hide what it really is).

One that always sticks out in my mind was the Cadillac CT-5 he had a couple summers ago that sounded like it had something bigger than the "Blackwing" engine in it (I don't think they even offer that engine anymore). That thing was a beast.

Edit: I just looked it up and it appears the Blackwing is still an option with the CT-5 - 668 hp and 659 lb⋅ft of torque sounds pretty fun!
Yeah man, they are expected to fare pretty well at the coming 24hrs of LeMans. Not your grandpa’s Cadillac indeed!

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tbh if i had my pick of any GM vehicle, and i did not want a performance car, the Enclave might be one of the top choices. Which speaks more to how blah the GM lineup is more than anything.

If i didn’t want/couldn’t deal with the massive trucks and SUV’s, then i would probably go with one of the small Cadillacs or GMC Denalis, though.

I find the C8 Vette really ugly, so if i were myself and would only go with performance vehicles, then it would 100% be a Blackwing

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tbh if i had my pick of any GM vehicle, and i did not want a performance car, the Enclave might be one of the top choices. Which speaks more to how blah the GM lineup is more than anything.

If i didn’t want/couldn’t deal with the massive trucks and SUV’s, then i would probably go with one of the small Cadillacs or GMC Denalis, though.

I find the C8 Vette really ugly, so if i were myself and would only go with performance vehicles, then it would 100% be a Blackwing
What, you don't want a Chevy Trax?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When it was first released, I thought the new Vette was hideous but it's slowly grown on me. That said, I'd much rather have the Blackwing Cadillac if I were picking from those two.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Any Cadillac Lyriq sightings in your GM commune?

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the look of the CT5, but I shouldn't admit that here.
I remember years back in these parts bemoaning the exit of the CTS-V. I too was interested as I heard about the CT 5 when discussing with co workers what I would buy if I didnt have money sucking machines (aka kids).

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw one the other day. But only one. They are pretty rare so far. I like them personally (please dont ban me)

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw one the other day. But only one. They are pretty rare so far. I like them personally (please dont ban me)
Have also spotted one around here, looked pretty nice actually. Much better than the electric Hummers driving around, what an albatross.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interestingly, on my commute home yesterday as a transporter full of Polestar 2’s was coming past (rare enough), driving behind it was a peculiar looking Caddy. I could tell it was a Caddy by the tail lights, but it was a very black black and I couldn’t make out the model. Got behind it to see what it was, and it was a Lyriq.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not many of these EVs in Nashville. I've seen 1 MB EQS but don't recall any Hummer, Cadillac, or other ones. I do see quite a few Rivian's or it may be the same person all over the place...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads