• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Took my brand new Tesla out for a spin this morning

2022-Tesla-Model-S-Fire-Morris-Township-Fire-Comp-Photos-1-1024x555.jpg

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. We could afford pretty much any car on the market. My point is that paying double for anything is douchey. I don’t care if it’s a mocha or a pair of hiking boots.

There’s a reason I’m happy driving a Toyota.

As a side note, I hate the classism in this forum. I grew up in a working class ‘hood. I learned last night that one of the guys I grew up with is a meth head living under a bridge. Only a few smart choices in my life kept me from that path.
It's also douchey telling other people how they should spend their money but you do you.

I know it's hard to believe but you're not the only one who grew up in a working class 'hood. I did too and also realize I made a few smart choices along with some luck didn't end up like some of my classmates or football teammates (dead, jail, or broke AF).

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
If you can't afford a $300k car, are you middle class or lower class?

Tell me you’re out of touch without saying it.

Imagine being a moderator and picking fights with those who don’t like you

But yeah, cars… Anyone who would pay double for dealer markup is in a better class of loser.

Imagine picking a fight with someone you don't like then also trying to blame it on him!

brokencycle

Reaction score
It's also douchey telling other people how they should spend their money but you do you.

I know it's hard to believe but you're not the only one who grew up in a working class 'hood. I did too and also realize I made a few smart choices along with some luck didn't end up like some of my classmates or football teammates (dead, jail, or broke AF).

Is it more or less douchy than claiming to be very concerned about the environment but then buying a giant gas guzzling SUV because you just need it to tow your massive new camper trailer and the country?

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
It shows a fundamental lack of economic understanding to think the MSRP is "the price." This goes for ADM as well as buying under MSRP, which really, isn't that usually the goal? That said the market for all vehicles is not fungible as we go from basic utilitarian through a spectrum all the way to, in this case, a Veblen good.

Well, I guess we are back to douchey.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can also see that Porsche Sport Classic being wrapped up and crated, and never ever driven, only to be brought to auction in 10 or 15 years? Just another spec asset.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Is that your plan?

It's his contingency plan in case of divorce. He tells his wife he needs a new car, and he stashes it. She never notices because she's too busy working to support him.

Next thing you know he has a few cars on spec hidden away.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DA63A85D-B5ED-4E4F-AD61-CCA7B95C8495.png

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, most ppl who are "rich" got that way exactly by not doing dumb **** like paying that much for a car
Rich people spend blow their money on lots of different things. Everyone spends their money on their hobbies.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's why I ain't rich
That's why I said rich people who are so rich that it doesn't matter to them. Neither one of us are in that bracket where we can spend $500k on a car.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's why I said rich people who are so rich that it doesn't matter to them. Neither one of us are in that bracket where we can spend $500k on a car.
Hell, you aren't even in the bracket to spend the money necessary for the peak Porsche spoiler

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads