• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of greens, this old warhorse was in the grocery store parking lot next to me today.

IMG_0468.jpg

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How about this green bad boy?
1642179132857.png

If they sold something like this new (and made to drive on the right side of the road), I'd be all over it. Like a baby sprinter 4x4. Not made for weeks on the road living the #vanlife, just a utility box that you could daily drive, but comfortably spend the night in at a trailhead if you had to.

If we're talking import from Japan via the 25-year rule...I dunno. Prices aren't crazy, but even well kept and low miles, driving old cars in backcountry areas with no cell service is not ideal...not to mention that I'm mostly willing to pay for the modern safety features. Especially given the commonly reported statistic that the most dangerous part of a backcountry climb/ski/bike trip is the drive home.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just filled out an entertaining survey from Porsche NA to get my take on what the future of the 911 should be.

half the survey consisted of getting me to tell them when i was willing to let the 911 go electric (NEVAR!). Including giving me all these scenarios about getting taxed higher, not being able to drive ICE in city centers, gasoline no longer being available, ICE cars being banned outright….

through it all I never agreed to buy an electric 911. In the comments I said in all those scenarios I’ll keep the 911’s I already have, which will easily outlive me. I will let you guys sell me a Taycan, though.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How about this green bad boy?
View attachment 1736914
If they sold something like this new (and made to drive on the right side of the road), I'd be all over it. Like a baby sprinter 4x4. Not made for weeks on the road living the #vanlife, just a utility box that you could daily drive, but comfortably spend the night in at a trailhead if you had to.
The Ford Transit Connect is almost exactly the modern version of this rig. It doesn’t have as much character as the Delica, but what modern car does? And let’s not go there, this old man has yelled at that particular cloud enough for today

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just filled out an entertaining survey from Porsche NA to get my take on what the future of the 911 should be.

half the survey consisted of getting me to tell them when i was willing to let the 911 go electric (NEVAR!). Including giving me all these scenarios about getting taxed higher, not being able to drive ICE in city centers, gasoline no longer being available, ICE cars being banned outright….

through it all I never agreed to buy an electric 911. In the comments I said in all those scenarios I’ll keep the 911’s I already have, which will easily outlive me. I will let you guys sell me a Taycan, though.
I didn't get asked by Porsche for my opinion.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Ford Transit Connect is almost exactly the modern version of this rig. It doesn’t have as much character as the Delica, but what modern car does? And let’s not go there, this old man has yelled at that particular cloud enough for today

Except no ground clearance or 4WD or 5000lb diesel towing capacity!

That's what makes people love these vs the Transit Connect. (And no rotating middle seats or fold-into-bed option...although that doesn't look long-term comfortable.)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Peak Porsche (survey?)

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It does have AWD, which i now remember isn’t necessarily the same as 4wd if you really need that locking hub ****.

you could, uh, lift it? I didn’t say it was exactly the right solution!!

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I didn't get asked by Porsche for my opinion.
They knew I was a 911 owner. Guess they don’t give a **** about your (our) opinions as owners of Cay Men because those are already decidedly going electric

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They knew I was a 911 owner. Guess they don’t give a **** about your (our) opinions as owners of Cay Men because those are already decidedly going electric
Yeah, they know your opinions are worth less than cost of sending an email.
But my Porsche has a NA engine. Only 911's that still have that are he GT3's.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It does have AWD, which i now remember isn’t necessarily the same as 4wd if you really need that locking hub ****.

you could, uh, lift it? I didn’t say it was exactly the right solution!!
I could be wrong, but last time I looked into this, only the big Transit had AWD as an option (and if you're going big, the sprinter is cooler). The Transit Connect is FWD only.

The connect is fine for what it is...little work truck for a plumber to zip around the city in.

That delica concept is dope though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads