• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has Lexus LC got same treatment? People are just loving the final days of N/A engine so
My neighbor has a convertible LC500 and I put my window down if i’m behind him just to hear that NA V8. It really does sound great. There is something to these NA engines that is just fantastic.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was well reviewed when it came out if I recall, but no, it didn't sell well. Not really Lexus's core market.
I think the Nissan GTR was dominating the discussion at the time too. It was like $75,000 and faster or as fast as the LFA, which was $375,000.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Nissan GTR was dominating the discussion at the time too. It was like $75,000 and faster or as fast as the LFA, which was $375,000.
Holy **** $375k!? I'd rather just buy a McLaren or Lambo at that money.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is something special about the Lexus LFA that doesn't really make sense, it's just an awesome car in every way. Not the Fastest but it sounds epic and it looks great.

It's problem was how much it cost to build, they had to construct a special factory and they still lost money on the project (like the Porsche 959)

It's greater than the sum of it's parts!!!
(and it's connection to the Toyota F1 engine makes it ultra desirable)

Instant classic destined to be multi million dollar car!!!!

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has Lexus LC got same treatment? People are just loving the final days of N/A engine so

I'm waiting for these to be liquidated off of lots. It's legit pretty.

1635348981054.png

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ok, $1k refundable deposit though, but I suppose still some commitment

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I imagine many of them have deposits placed at multiple dealers to increase their chances of getting one sooner.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LFA is cool but I can easily name 50+ cars I would rather own for the money.

Z06 looks terrible. Will reserve judgement for ZR1 or whatever it's called.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mid Engine Corvette's look can't change that drastically I assume?

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Z06 will compete with or outperform Ferraris, Lambos, Porsche for 20-40% of the price. That alone is an accomplishment. It’s the most powerful NA V8 in a production car too. People are going to hate on it because they overpaid for other track cars. It shakes up the track and exotics market to some degree (except for badge whores)

The X drive M3 is putting up ridiculous performance stats right now. If it is engaging and they make an aftermarket front fascia, I’d consider it.

You’re not looking at the body when you’re driving it.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Z06 will compete with or outperform Ferraris, Lambos, Porsche for 20-40% of the price. That alone is an accomplishment. It’s the most powerful NA V8 in a production car too. People are going to hate on it because they overpaid for other track cars. It shakes up the track and exotics market to some degree (except for badge whores)

None of this makes the car any less ugly.

And let's first determine if the car is even capable of doing a full lap of a track without overheating before we start with these bold claims. There's a reason why there aren't too many Corvettes at your run-of-the-mill track days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads