• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BlairW

Reaction score
New acquisition:
252D6EC8-84B8-4D13-8CDF-60766C22C84B.jpeg
2A270E62-0396-4A90-BA10-576440799803.jpeg
A5C2061B-6835-491E-99EA-24D91728652A.jpeg

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wife sent me a note she wants an Audi A4 AllRoad which has never been called a reliable car. Later in the day the e350 started acting up with the keys and not recognizing either one.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Wife scraped a wall in my car... Bumper and front quarter panel... Down to the plastic in multiple spots so it sure as hell won't buff out ?

She couldn't have waited one more day? Literally picking up her car tomorrow!
That's what you get for moving half way across the country for her job.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do kids not buy their own first car anymore? Or get a Honda/Toyota? Why not get something maintenance free and safe? Crash technology, GPS, and better smart features.

Edit: my family’s used car dealership has bought a lot of Mercs from private sellers and auctions the 2000-2010 have been absolute nightmares for electrical problems. Multiple SL55, ML, and E classes. The electrical gremlins are nearly impossible to sort out because you fix one thing and the next thing goes wrong. They’re expensive to troubleshoot as well.

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friends dad bought an 03 G Wagen in like 2007 from out of state. Turned into an electrical nightmare due to previous owner DIYing a sound system that must have gone horribly wrong. Felt small sitting in that thing

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do kids not buy their own first car anymore? Or get a Honda/Toyota? Why not get something maintenance free and safe? Crash technology, GPS, and better smart features.

Or at the very least...inherit grandma's old Toyota?

You know...like the one Omega Male already has sitting in the driveway?

brokencycle

Reaction score

Edit: my family’s used car dealership has bought a lot of Mercs from private sellers and auctions the 2000-2010 have been absolute nightmares for electrical problems. Multiple SL55, ML, and E classes. The electrical gremlins are nearly impossible to sort out because you fix one thing and the next thing goes wrong. They’re expensive to troubleshoot as well.
Or at the very least...inherit grandma's old Toyota?

You know...like the one Omega Male already has sitting in the driveway?

Oh you plebs. Outfitting JR in a G is just a way to flex on all the other parents.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
actually feels like I see more XC90 than XC60, I don't personally know anyone who bought XC60 but I think I know at least 6 colleague/friends who have XC90 (excluding SF)

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kids really need a basic stick shift car that they can afford to maintain or learn to repair themselves as a starter vehicle before they progress to anything more complex.

That is good automotive parenting, they need to value their freedom and not take it for granted.

I sometimes visit high schools (through work) and show teenagers the basics like checking fluid levels/changing a tyre/ checking the tyre pressures.

Some kids are awesome and get stuck in, others play with their i-phones and don't care ?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Do kids not buy their own first car anymore?

You mean kids don't buy the only car the family owns and then have their mothers steal it from them anymore? This generation is so soft!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads