• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can you imagine spending all the dosh to have such a car made, then ditching it three years later having barely driven it a thousand miles?

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But why???

Why would anyone want to drive around In "Donald Trumps bathroom" when they can have something cool and stylish???

Most people probably need external validation for the luxury goods they are purchasing. Especially those who have newly acquired means to do so.

In the SUV discussion, why doesn't anyone mention the Porsche Cayenne? Even the base model is pretty solid and reasonably priced for an AWD SUV.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most people probably need external validation for the luxury goods they are purchasing. Especially those who have newly acquired means to do so.

In the SUV discussion, why doesn't anyone mention the Porsche Cayenne? Even the base model is pretty solid and reasonably priced for an AWD SUV.

I think the consensus amongst car people is that the 911 is the only Porsche you would ever need. Although the Cayenne was the volume seller and saved the company from a certain death.

If I were to buy a Porsche I would want a car that incorporates the lessons they have learned from years of endurance racing.

If I was looking for an AWD SUV it would be a Land Rover Defender/Range Rover for the same reasons and the off road capability

If I wanted a good quality everyday luxury vehicle to drive to work I would buy a Lexus

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the consensus amongst car people is that the 911 is the only Porsche you would ever need. Although the Cayenne was the volume seller and saved the company from a certain death.

If I were to buy a Porsche I would want a car that incorporates the lessons they have learned from years of endurance racing.

If I was looking for an AWD SUV it would be a Land Rover Defender/Range Rover for the same reasons and the off road capability

If I wanted a good quality everyday luxury vehicle to drive to work I would buy a Lexus

I love the Lexus GX but the tech and platform is just so dated, despite it being very reliable.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Macan and Cayenne are both good SUVs. They’re just both pretty small. You can’t fit adults in a Macan backseat comfortably, it’s essentially a lifted sports sedan. The Cayenne isn’t much larger in rear leg room, it’s 4” less than a GLE and slightly less than an X3.

The new Cayenne Turbo GT is pretty nuts. Fastest SUV around a track, I believe.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like I drive

Ah, I Don't get involved in that stuff really, only a bit of reflashing if they go wrong

I agree with Gordon Murray, I hate touchscreens and over complication in vehicle cockpits, the more analogue stuff is the better it works!!!!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
A good friend as the Cayenne Turbo GT and it does go pretty well. He's 6'7" and I have no idea how he finds it comfortable though.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about cars that have accumulated high mileage in a short period of time? Better or worse if you are going to be the subsequent owner?

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about cars that have accumulated high mileage in a short period of time? Better or worse if you are going to be the subsequent owner?

Generally better as long as the service history is good!!!!

Long distance miles are mostly done at operating temperatures at cruising speeds, rather than stop/start city driving which is where most wear/tear occurs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads