• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm probably going to win this Ferrari Roma:

Which is kind of awkward because its not really the Ferrari I would buy...Just seems like if I were buying one, I wouldn't want a pleb-car with the engine up front.
They have some crazy cars up for raffle right now. Usually it’s just new cars and one older car. There’s a 912 with a Tesla power train…peak peak Porsche.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bought brand new XC60 December 2019. Since then, it has had 3 recalls, and I've needed to take it into dealer twice more for "service needed" notifications. If this is the norm, I think this will be my first and last experience with Volvo.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They have some crazy cars up for raffle right now. Usually it’s just new cars and one older car. There’s a 912 with a Tesla power train…peak peak Porsche.

Pro tip (not that the expected odds of winning are very good):

They have a max of 6000 "Entries" per person regardless of how you get them.

The "Enter without contributing" link gives you 2000 entries each time....so 3 of those gives you just as many entries as someone who donates thousands of dollars.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought brand new XC60 December 2019. Since then, it has had 3 recalls, and I've needed to take it into dealer twice more for "service needed" notifications. If this is the norm, I think this will be my first and last experience with Volvo.
Reason why you have problems is because you did it wrong. You're suppose to leave the Volvo

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your Volvo. A few people here seem to like their Volvo's a lot.

We have a Mercedes and Volvo dealer on the same giant lot about a mile from our house. A few years ago my neighbor who has owned several MBs and leased 1 new Volvo...hated the Volvo, hated the service department, hated the issues with it, and said never again. When the lease was up, he turned it in, and walked across the lot and bought another MB.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pro tip (not that the expected odds of winning are very good):

They have a max of 6000 "Entries" per person regardless of how you get them.

The "Enter without contributing" link gives you 2000 entries each time....so 3 of those gives you just as many entries as someone who donates thousands of dollars.
Way ahead of you. I do 3 free submissions on every car.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FSD is still a ways away. There are too many edge cases but I think something like assisted driving a majority, >50%, of the time is possible but something north of 75% will not happen broadly in the next 10years.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For those of you who have had significant car appreciation, is anyone cashing in and buying a newer version?

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I vaguely remember seeing BMW dealer push some zero up front financing deal on swapping my 2019 to 2022 model vehicle (assuming 2019 was financed as well) but didn’t bother to check since I paid mine cash

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with a key FOB going through batteries quickly? Our MB key has been going through them like every 3 months which is crazy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics