• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
“In explaining the decision to end production, Honda said the car has fulfilled its role of promoting the company's brand through technological innovation and motor sports activities.”

why the need to make up some stupid corporate non-speak? Everyone knows that the thing did not sell, even with heavy incentives. I’d heard at one point you could get an NSX for around $130k
It does kind of make me wonder why car companies think that using (and re-using) the names of old cars from their glory days is all that valuable. I suppose they get some bump from the name recognition, but I can't help but wonder whether the backlash from angry fanbois offsets the benefit.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Fans hate the new cars. that is a given.
but new cars deserve more time to consider.

Drek Galloche

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am so ready to get outraged at new Toyota 2000GT. Not a fan boy , but still ready.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It does kind of make me wonder why car companies think that using (and re-using) the names of old cars from their glory days is all that valuable. I suppose they get some bump from the name recognition, but I can't help but wonder whether the backlash from angry fanbois offsets the benefit.

I agree the NSX badge was wrong for that particular car, it was so far from it's predecessor it made no sense.

Using classic car identities on modern versions can work though

Porsche 911

MINI (including the famous Cooper name)

Fiat 500

VW Beetle

Alpine A110

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wrenching. V12s, and this one in particular....just scary to work on. So much trim.

20210805_233110_HDR.jpg

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
oof. not jealous. (of having to work on it.)

What's wrong with it?
Love those old Jags.

Last edited:

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting take from a former pro driver on the new GT3. Would be really interested to hear what the current 911 drivers think of the new front suspension when/if they get seat time in the new car. It makes me wonder whether they will move the whole range over to the double wishbone given the benefits. I’m sure some will disagree with his position but it’s definitely not coming from a place of inexperience or ignorance.

He also drives the new cup car! So it’s worth a read even if you’ve heard enough about the GT3.

The new GT3 was amazingly precise through the corners with none of the imprecise feelings while cornering that have plagued 911s to date.

The 992 GT3 was razor sharp, but as we were on public roads there was no way to get an idea for what the car would do at the limit. Now, at Road Atlanta, all my questions would be answered.

Leaving pit lane in the street GT3 and heading up through Turn One told me almost everything I needed to know about the car within those first couple hundred yards. My initial impressions on the street we’re going to translate 100 percent to the track. All of the incremental upgrades that the Porsche engineers have done to the GT3 have made it substantially better than the last generation car.

Several laps of Road Atlanta’s 2.4-mile circuit was more than enough to convince me that not only is the 992 GT3 the best sports car Porsche currently makes, it’s actually better than the outgoing 991.2 GT3 RS. To this point, that’s been the standard for all 911s.

Porsche has created one of the best driver’s platforms on the market. Decade after decade of chasing incremental improvements has finally distilled the 991 [I think he means 992] GT3 into one of the best ever made. Not ever made by Porsche. Ever made, ever.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting take from a former pro driver on the new GT3. Would be really interested to hear what the current 911 drivers think of the new front suspension when/if they get seat time in the new car. It makes me wonder whether they will move the whole range over to the double wishbone given the benefits. I’m sure some will disagree with his position but it’s definitely not coming from a place of inexperience or ignorance.

He also drives the new cup car! So it’s worth a read even if you’ve heard enough about the GT3.
Interesting read. I've been following 311RS Racing this year in the new North America Carrera cup. They have some interesting content on youtube for a behind the scenes look at their two 992 cup cars. Matt Farrah just posted a video of him driving that 311RS cup car.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brand new. Parked in a disabled spot without plates/tags. If you look closely at the rear wheel well, it's been rashed up already. Expensive ...

IMG_1216.jpg

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I’m pretty sure most/all will love the double wishbones. It’s objectively better with no compromises. I’d be extremely surprised and disappointed if I didn’t like it.

i don’t know when I’ll be able to drive it, though. I talked to my longtime SA last month and he actually said he’d probably be able to get me an allocation if I was willing to wait….and come up with a $50k ADM.

not that I’m actually interested in buying one, but if the cars are that in demand and that precious, I’m thinking that demo drive opportunities will be tough to come by.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads