• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Would prefer a Z4. Handsome cars.
And if the Fupra was badged as a BMW Z4 coupe? :drool:
Because it really is a cool car. just not a Toyota.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is this accurate? almost 6,000 (looks like this US figure only)

Z4 in same time frame, less than half (also US figure, but yea it's a convertible expect less anyway)

probably would be able to dig out how many they wanted to sale but too lazy...

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
8,771 over 2 years? Seems not too bad.
Here is an article that says it's the 5th best selling sports car in the US
https://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-analysis-2021-first-half-sports-cars/
huh. Well i'll be dipped. . .
I don't see any. more likely to see an Italian sports car. Or a GT-R.Or anything else really.

But back to the topic, the NSX sales figures:
128 in 2020. I'm not sure that's enough to keep the car going. So that could be why they are canning it.

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I definitely see a ton of Challenger and Camaro, not a lot Mustang actually, maybe it's a regional thing?

edit: holy cow 370Z is still on sale, that gen is from 2009...?

Last edited:

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But the Odyssey? Why? Minivans are the current market flavor. And the Odyssey is extremely popular. *Shrug*
Because like all other famous "brands" it has gotten fat and overfeatured and is a shadow of an echo of what it used to stand for.

The original was squat, small, spacious inside, and with car-like driving dynamics, helped in no small part by an engine that was quite powerful compared to the competition. It was simple and offered something that was not a wagon, and not a van, but very specifically what you wanted as a middle class parent, maybe up to around 2006? Or whenever they still had normal doors. Plenty that old still driving around here despite the cost to renew the Certificate of Entitlement (around $100k per 10 years) that lets you drive any car, which tells you how much the owners like them. They weren't that reliable (timing belt, tyres, brake fluid...) compared to Toyotas - it's like choosing between the V8 or the 1HZ on land cruisers, you're optimising for very different things. 1HZ won't overtake road trains but the V8 will die if facing a sand and water contaminated bush diesel...

One of my neighbours has one of the recent models. It's enormous, as tall, wide and squarer than a Tarago or Sienna or even the Alphard/Vellfire that Americans don't get (the Alphard sure feels narrower visually). It's sluggish and drives like a truck. Despite the bulk, I don't feel like it's particularly roomy inside. The sliding doors are slow and complicated. I love the old Odyssey but to me the new ones just compete with the other vans. Given the political nature of feature bloat maybe they thought killing it and replacing it with something smaller might work? The Mobilio is free of the bloat and seats 7 in a small package, but it's not exactly an exciting drive like the old Odyssey sort of was.

What is interesting in the van space is the new Hiace based Alphard replacement/competitor. I was pondering a Hiace mostly to carry stuff to outdoors activities. It's simple, reliable and can be bashed around by a family, still relatively cheap.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
If i lived in the 'States i'd definitely want a challenger.

- or a 3rd gen Camaro.
Because like all other famous "brands" it has gotten fat and overfeatured and is a shadow of an echo of what it used to stand for.

The original was squat, small, spacious inside, and with car-like driving dynamics, helped in no small part by an engine that was quite powerful compared to the competition. It was simple and offered something that was not a wagon, and not a van, but very specifically what you wanted as a middle class parent, maybe up to around 2006? Or whenever they still had normal doors. Plenty that old still driving around here despite the cost to renew the Certificate of Entitlement (around $100k per 10 years) that lets you drive any car, which tells you how much the owners like them. They weren't that reliable (timing belt, tyres, brake fluid...) compared to Toyotas - it's like choosing between the V8 or the 1HZ on land cruisers, you're optimising for very different things. 1HZ won't overtake road trains but the V8 will die if facing a sand and water contaminated bush diesel...

One of my neighbours has one of the recent models. It's enormous, as tall, wide and squarer than a Tarago or Sienna or even the Alphard/Vellfire that Americans don't get (the Alphard sure feels narrower visually). It's sluggish and drives like a truck. Despite the bulk, I don't feel like it's particularly roomy inside. The sliding doors are slow and complicated. I love the old Odyssey but to me the new ones just compete with the other vans. Given the political nature of feature bloat maybe they thought killing it and replacing it with something smaller might work? The Mobilio is free of the bloat and seats 7 in a small package, but it's not exactly an exciting drive like the old Odyssey sort of was.

What is interesting in the van space is the new Hiace based Alphard replacement/competitor. I was pondering a Hiace mostly to carry stuff to outdoors activities. It's simple, reliable and can be bashed around by a family, still relatively cheap.
Yeah, the old Odysseys still look modern. and great in purple.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If i lived in the 'States i'd definitely want a challenger.
For a second I thought you were talking about the Mitsubishi (which I think is the "Montero Sport" in many markets, and didn't make it to the US for 2nd gen, but Aussies call it the Challenger). Bit of an underdog in Oz due to slightly smaller size and the obvious Prado alternative so they are very cheap and in good state for the dollar. Good choice if you do a lot of real offroad... not sure about parking that monster in town, or whether the family will be keen on the diesel truck auditory experience and the vibrations. Still, seats 7 and drinks as much as a modern Odyssey :D

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
No, i meant the Dodge/Chrysler challenger sports car.
2017-dodge-challenger-t-a-392-review.jpg

But off-road 4x4's are cool too.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Chrysler depreciates like a muthafucker and always has. I also don't trust their long term reliability.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
So you're saying it's perfect for a thrifty mechanically inclined person?
:dozingoff:

Or are you just trying to promote Volvo's.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen probably 3 NSXs this year but it's not often. Looks better in bright colors as black sort of hides all the style. As for the Supra, I see one regularly as a kid at the local high school has one. Same high school where one of the kids drives a Bentayga to cross country practice.

The problem with the Chrysler cars is that the V8s and higher end ones look great then the econo versions sell like hot cakes and look dull. Same can be said of the Camaro and Mustang except the Mustang looks a lot more aggressive at the higher end.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
“In explaining the decision to end production, Honda said the car has fulfilled its role of promoting the company's brand through technological innovation and motor sports activities.”

why the need to make up some stupid corporate non-speak? Everyone knows that the thing did not sell, even with heavy incentives. I’d heard at one point you could get an NSX for around $130k

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads