• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And the Cayman GTS. Porsche updated the 718 Cayman GTS to have the flat 6 4.0L since the first version of the 718 GTS had. 2.5L 4 cylinder turbocharged engine that didn’t sell for ****. Now the GTS is basically an allocation car or ADM only at this point.

I sometimes do a few laps of the old Nurburgring (Gran Turismo Sport) just to keep up my lap times for online racing :)

The Cayman GT4 is a bit of a giant killer, I would like a go in the real deal!!!!

The Alpine A110 is pretty good too (and now winners in F1)

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
now kind just remind me if I move to the burbs I would get a 2 seater just for "why not"...

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don’t have the sales figures now, so I’m happy to be corrected, but I believe the 4cyl 718 was not a sales success in the US (hence Porsche correcting the problem) but global sales were pretty good, buoyed by China. And beyond the reasons you guys already mentioned - fuel economy, emissions, taxes in some market on high displacement engines - the foothold those cars helped Porsche get in China is massively important.

I personally hate it, but if you’re not too fussed with actually getting a proper Porsche (;)) it’s quite a good performer

The Cayman GT4 is a bit of a giant killer, I would like a go in the real deal!!!!
Thanks for giving me an excuse to post mine:

AECAA437-6BED-46BB-A35B-074BAA85ECA6.jpeg

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t have the sales figures now, so I’m happy to be corrected, but I believe the 4cyl 718 was not a sales success in the US (hence Porsche correcting the problem) but global sales were pretty good, buoyed by China. And beyond the reasons you guys already mentioned - fuel economy, emissions, taxes in some market on high displacement engines - the foothold those cars helped Porsche get in China is massively important.

I personally hate it, but if you’re not too fussed with actually getting a proper Porsche (;)) it’s quite a good performer

View attachment 1647293

Nice colour, really suits the car :)

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is what the people want

Maybe next Sunday...when there is a huge Italian car show near Boston. Although the M1 is a BMW, they usually let him show it there because it was designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro of ItalDesign.

Until then here are a few other cars from that show.

https%3A//i.imgur.com/K19zybFh.jpg[/img]']

https%3A//i.imgur.com/VIIGMYah.jpg[/img]']

https%3A//i.imgur.com/LdJWr8uh.jpg[/img]']

https%3A//i.imgur.com/zGiCSl6h.jpg[/img]']

https%3A//i.imgur.com/kZnN1Xth.jpg[/img]']

brokencycle

Reaction score

View attachment 1647293

Way to make sure you got the craft cocktail sign in the background. Are they artisinal too?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Not a single pic of an XC90 at that car show. SMH.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My freezer makes sphere ice. I think it’s muy artisano

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my freezer makes ice..., and that's to the extent I'm going to care about ice, for now...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads