• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Drek Galloche

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thnak you. That is another existing part about this Cayman. It is one of the cheapest, low production PDK sports cars. I never had a PDK car. Need to find it in white though.

Last edited:

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score

Here is a cool series you car guys might like. for the scenery, the tuning shops and the people. great people.:thumbs-up:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wtf. My car insurance is going up 50% as I leave the city for Montana. Didn't expect that really...

Almost entirely driven by the comprehensive coverage (and a bit of collision). Guess that guy wasn't kidding when he said "you're gonna hit a moose in your first year"

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Here is a cool series you car guys might like. for the scenery, the tuning shops and the people. great people.:thumbs-up:

Those guys annoyed me out of the video in under a minute, but in that minute I saw a Hakosuka, R34 and 240z with fender flares so I’d say it still succeeded in Japan Appreciation

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wtf. My car insurance is going up 50% as I leave the city for Montana. Didn't expect that really...

Almost entirely driven by the comprehensive coverage (and a bit of collision). Guess that guy wasn't kidding when he said "you're gonna hit a moose in your first year"
Driving south 5h from Sydney, I saw dead wallabies what felt like every few meters for stretches that could last for tens of miles at a time... not to mention the wombats (at least if you're driving a full size 4x4 you'll probably roll over the wombat).

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wonder if it’s because people illegally register super cars/luxury cars in Montana to avoid sales tax that drives up the costs?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sheeeeit, i was in the Grand Tetons for 4 days and almost hit a moose-sized deer

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Just don't drive at high speeds along roads with deep ditches after dark.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mrs. Dino was driving the RAV about 80mph a few weeks ago and a Seagull dive bombed us, and there was a loud thud!!!! I was hoping a headlight cover didn't get cracked and that nothing got dented. Got out the plastic plate frame was broken and the license plate was bent pretty severely. Thankfully, nothing serious to the vehicle. I couldn't image the sound and damage hitting a moose! A friend's dad was on a business trip a few years ago and rented a new Ford Explorer. He hit a moose with it and the vehicle was declared a total loss!

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Who was it that was looking for a weekend car? Was it @Drek Galloche ?

I want to say that the newest MX5/Miata is a handsome sports car.
Looks good, easy to keep, driver focused, all the good stuff.
And i'm sure you could get one to order for less than 50k.

ba540f5a93e465f95821b1ec54446d30.jpg

I saw one today and was like "Damn, that looks good". Then thought of this chat.
More of an Enthusiast choice than a budget choice. After all, it's still too rich for the poor boys as it's a new car.

Last edited:

Drek Galloche

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I spend Summers in Scandinavia where moose road signs seem like most common type of road insignia. Your friend was very lucky to live after that collision as ususally hitting a moose ends with total loss for both car and driver.

Drek Galloche

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Chevrolet 1976 Pontiac LeMans Sport showroom display
When you need one car to drop off your kids and pick up your girlfriend.
108372663_1_x.jpg

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mrs. Dino was driving the RAV about 80mph a few weeks ago and a Seagull dive bombed us, and there was a loud thud!!!! I was hoping a headlight cover didn't get cracked and that nothing got dented. Got out the plastic plate frame was broken and the license plate was bent pretty severely. Thankfully, nothing serious to the vehicle. I couldn't image the sound and damage hitting a moose! A friend's dad was on a business trip a few years ago and rented a new Ford Explorer. He hit a moose with it and the vehicle was declared a total loss!

We hit a moose in my GF's 1988 Honda Prelude when we were in college early 90's. Rural NH coming up a mountain at the speed limit of 55MPH. It was winter and I noticed a disturbance on the side of the road in the snow bank a couple hundred feet away. I remember thinking, "those people are crazy to be out in the dark on this high speed road," just as a moose hops the snow bank and bounds into the road.

I panicked, did everything wrong, slammed on the brakes locking them up and losing all ability to steer. I came to a stop just as I hit one hind leg and the moose just sat down on the hood, breaking the pop up headlight. The massive, dinosaur sized animal filled our windshield. I kept waiting for it to come crashing through the windshield, crushing us in the process but she stood up and slowly walked away. The only damage was a broken headlight and a large ass print on the hood.

We really got off easy but I learned a valuable lesson about locking up brakes.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
^^ Didn't the '88 Preludes have 4WS? If so, that must have been an even weirder feeling with the brakes locked up and loss of control.

Back in the day, at a car club meet, a dude showed up with a bird jammed in the grille of his car. -nobody wanted to be the guy to remove it. We all just said Nope.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads