• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He was getting some photographer to take night photo shoot under street light, not sure how well it’s going to turn out given it’s kind dark out, looks like just regular black to me

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just put deposit down on a 22 Telluride. Our 20+ year old beast SUV started getting hot under the collar during an extended uphill in the mountains in 110 degree heat on the way to a family camping trip which was the last straw for my wife. She does admit she’s sort of sad to see the old bastard put out to pasture but I’m hoping to give it to a friend for his teenage son who would love it.

Telly arrival will be months away depending on when they can put the order in. Hopefully September/October arrival in time for winter. In order to get heated seats we had to upgrade to a model that had a bunch of things I didn’t like but some that my wife wanted so it wasn’t a total bust. And, yes, factory tow package for just $475.
E

Excited to have a new rough and tumble ride for family (and individual) adventures although I doubt it will last me 20+ years this time around.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are they still marking those vehicles up these days

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are they still marking those vehicles up these days
Not if you have six figures in spend plus send holiday cards to your SA. I had to buy 5 Kia Sportages to get my Telluride allocation but it was worth it to get what I wanted.

All jokes aside we didn’t discuss pricing so I assume it’s MSRP. They did list a $6k markup on their Telluride stock but no mention of any markup with me. They just put 40 orders into the factory this week so it seems like they do plenty of volume. All told it was a fairly simple process - less than an hour in total. They wanted to move me into a vehicle they have arriving in August but I wanted a different color and the tow hitch.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Just put deposit down on a 22 Telluride. Our 20+ year old beast SUV started getting hot under the collar during an extended uphill in the mountains in 110 degree heat on the way to a family camping trip which was the last straw for my wife. She does admit she’s sort of sad to see the old bastard put out to pasture but I’m hoping to give it to a friend for his teenage son who would love it.

Telly arrival will be months away depending on when they can put the order in. Hopefully September/October arrival in time for winter. In order to get heated seats we had to upgrade to a model that had a bunch of things I didn’t like but some that my wife wanted so it wasn’t a total bust. And, yes, factory tow package for just $475.
E

Excited to have a new rough and tumble ride for family (and individual) adventures although I doubt it will last me 20+ years this time around.

You might get your Telluride before my wife gets her Rav4 which she placed the order in early May.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had a small accident with my wife's car a couple weeks ago and I finally got around to dropping it off at the body shop. Insurance gave us a rental: a 2021 VW Atlas.

I've never even heard of this vehicle before but it seems to ride pretty nice. We've only had it a day though and the big complaint from both my wife and myself is the massive touchscreen stereo. It is not very intuitive or user-friendly. It reminds me of an Infinity QX60 we had as a rental on a vacation a couple years ago. 10 days into the trip we still couldn't figure out how to really use the stereo or turn off our heated seats (thankfully we were in a cold area!).

I must be getting old if my complaints about vehicles these days are primarily that they have too much technology!

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey my British car hasn’t fallen apart yet after 9200 miles!

0B73C43B-0C10-4F66-AB14-F4D092EE1055.jpeg

although it did fall apart (various fluid leaks that were a ***** to diagnose) so you’re not really wrong…

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All jokes aside we didn’t discuss pricing so I assume it’s MSRP. They did list a $6k markup on their Telluride stock but no mention of any markup with me. They just put 40 orders into the factory this week so it seems like they do plenty of volume. All told it was a fairly simple process - less than an hour in total. They wanted to move me into a vehicle they have arriving in August but I wanted a different color and the tow hitch.
Mmm I would suggest getting MSRP in writing. Pricing surprises on delivery are known to happen, and I find it sus that the lot cars are marked up
We had a small accident with my wife's car a couple weeks ago and I finally got around to dropping it off at the body shop. Insurance gave us a rental: a 2021 VW Atlas.

I've never even heard of this vehicle before but it seems to ride pretty nice. We've only had it a day though and the big complaint from both my wife and myself is the massive touchscreen stereo. It is not very intuitive or user-friendly. It reminds me of an Infinity QX60 we had as a rental on a vacation a couple years ago. 10 days into the trip we still couldn't figure out how to really use the stereo or turn off our heated seats (thankfully we were in a cold area!).

I must be getting old if my complaints about vehicles these days are primarily that they have too much technology!
The Atlas makes me sad. Not because of anything it’s done, but because it replaced the Touareg.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mmm I would suggest getting MSRP in writing. Pricing surprises on delivery are known to happen, and I find it sus that the lot cars are marked up

Interesting point. I suppose by the time my truck is delivered this fall the markups could still be a thing (or even worse) but I'm not too worried about it. We don't really need the truck and can soldier on with our old truck indefinitely. It's 20 years old, so another year won't really matter. The primary motivation is to have something nicer and something that other parents feel safe having us drive their children in but that's still speculative as we haven't had any occasion to drive other kids anywhere yet.

Speaking of markups. This pretty much says it all: There's A Dealer Marking Up New 2020 Dodge Journeys

• Wow
Reactions: otc

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Audi shows more errors than my Mini fuuu

The gremlins begin! Maybe time to switch back to a GoRf or an MB…

4DC9E0EC-93C4-49DA-B6C5-AB9828CF669E.jpeg
C1583196-C86C-447A-9977-65F723DB0CA5.png
314EEC47-0790-4B0E-9FB8-082787E97B84.png
78ACC422-4075-4B93-8956-F4959A75A7EA.png
B00FCB69-F27D-40FE-B550-C51B1C3D47A4.png
7B8CEB20-5A16-4103-A0F6-BE5E9CC9EB9B.png
589A4A69-4AF1-459E-B4B8-A11A64757688.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads