• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or a Mini Cooper. Those have hand brakes too.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He was just showing his douchemobile privilege

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should see @Piobaire's "integrated storage" privilege in the bike thread. Anyone without a modern Trek and carbon wheels is the great unwashed.
Piob in a nutshell.
1623332153165.gif

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice. I'm considering a cheap EV in a year or so to replace my gas guzzler. I'll be moving then to a new place that has a tight up/down ramp and also has a parking area directly below the first accomodation floor. I'm concerned that my current car with no sensors will not handle this ramp well, plus my car's ignition noise is likely to wake up the bottom 5 floors when I start the car in the morning.

I'm looking at a EV that isn't a Tesla (because Elon is a twat). I was planning to get the Mercedes EQA, but have been intrigued by the Hyundai Ioniq 5. I'm guessing there'll be a lot more EV choices here in HK in the next year or so. Any of the current lot stand out please?

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Probably too fancy aka too expensive. The authorities are doing a 'EV 1 for 1' scheme where you can scrap a ICE car to get 280k HKD subsidy off the cost of the EV, this makes something like the MB EQA and similar class 'dirt cheap' ie about 330k HKD.

My dream EV is a Taycan but I'd never pay that much. The MB EQS also looks quite lux, but ditto.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, interesting. But I've got a bit of a thing against BMW drivers, particularly those in white 1 series, who are invariably idiots.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Porsche SA sent me these this afternoon. Since I’m flying out tomorrow I won’t be able to sign paper work until weekend after next.

View attachment 1622957 I think I need to get some red Corthay shoes to match the car.

View attachment 1622955 View attachment 1622956
Did you do 7 oil changes yet and send the oil for analysis? Then replace the entire interior with titanium and carbon fiber. If not, you’re not peak porsche-ing

Nice color, not an obnoxious “look at me” color.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol, I’ll need to speak with former Porsche engineers first.

What do you mean the car isn’t an obnoxious look at me color? I got guards red to be obnoxious without spending the $3000 for a special color. It came down to red or the $3000 python green. Miami blue was discontinued and got Foo’d so that was never an option.
Did you do 7 oil changes yet and send the oil for analysis? Then replace the entire interior with titanium and carbon fiber. If not, you’re not peak porsche-ing

Nice color, not an obnoxious “look at me” color.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics