• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Volvo Circle Jerk thread here. My wife is now not in the mood to check out the VW. I may just make this decision without her....

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
She wants the XC90...

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can get a clean CPO with 30k miles coming off a lease for ~$40k with a 5-year unlimited mile warranty
But that's 5 years from original in-service, right? Basically they check the car, say it still looks good and extend the warranty to 5?
So a MY2018 bought late 17 could expire as early as next year?

Still, I just looked at some CPO XC60s... Seem to be some well priced ones with low miles. You could end up paying more for a high-trim Subaru with more miles on it in today's crazy used market....

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But that's 5 years from original in-service, right? Basically they check the car, say it still looks good and extend the warranty to 5?
So a MY2018 bought late 17 could expire as early as next year?

Still, I just looked at some CPO XC60s... Seem to be some well priced ones with low miles. You could end up paying more for a high-trim Subaru with more miles on it in today's crazy used market....
Some Volvos can have even more extended warranties. I believe if you buy CPO you can buy a Volvo extended warranty for up to 10 years from the original in-service date 5 years on top of CPO). I bought it for mine and it was like $1900 with a $100 deductible. Mine was a 2020 CPO. It’s transferable as well.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tesla might not be a self-driving car, but this is a self-solving problem

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm confused...did he see the articles about the guys who allegedly died while riding in the back seat of their self-driving tesla and then immediately say..."that sounds like something I should do"???

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So what, the moral of the story is that you should buy your car by having an established customizer link you in with his buddy at a dealer while you film the whole transaction for a 500k sub youtube channel? Of course he's going to give you a reasonable deal--its free marketing and anyone who sees it will trust you when you sell them something with ridiculous terms.

Yeah, the used dealer was ******* him, but what do you learn about buying a car from this video? You certainly don't see him shop around and play dealers against each other. You don't even see him say "lets knock another $500 off and we're good"...

It is like bare minimum how not to get completely fucked...

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is anyone here from the Tulsa Oklahoma area and interested in helping to enable me make a bad decision?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads