• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . XC90.
Well, Foo ... I hear the only European car more reliable than MB is Porsche. And while I love your car ... I don't see it as a practical every day car. Fun, oh, hell yes. Practical, NO!

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, Foo ... I hear the only European car more reliable than MB is Porsche. And while I love your car ... I don't see it as a practical every day car. Fun, oh, hell yes. Practical, NO!

“Practical” is relative. We regularly do four hour drives with two kids in the back!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you just want a small SUV Porsche Maycan? BMW has gone softer these days so maybe why not?, though if you hate merchandise what not it’s in every dealership every brand, they all sale clothe, bicycle etc...

Reactions: RSS

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was able to squeeze in one last V8 sedan before the inevitable transition to EVs and SUVs. Pleasantly surprised at how practical this beast has turned out to be so far.

IMG-7503 (1).jpg

Last edited:

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
“Practical” is relative. We regularly do four hour drives with two kids in the back!
Glad that works for you. Yours is really the only Porsche I like, but I already have my 2 seater and am satisfied. And now that I live outside the City I have need of more varied vehicles. This is for sedans and SUVs.

Also 6'3" and 6'1" will have a hard time getting in the back. ;-) The generation after mine got taller.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My head swims with the possibilities.

what’s the smallest 911 body they can fit the 997 GT3 RS 4.0 motor into?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back to back testing of 14 UHP and UUHP tires on a GTI:

Interesting watch. Not surprised that the PS4S is still one of the best choices for a summer tire on a street car.

Incidentally, I just don't think white is the right color for MK8 GTI. That huge grill looks a little Wallace and Gromit to me.

mk8.jpg

wallace_gromit_posed_1-h_2017-768x433.jpg

In other colors, it's slightly less noticeable horrible.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
@RSS, drop the GLS like I did and grab an XC90. It has a nice "protection package" that comes with rubber mats that interlock and cover the entire back of the vehicle. Perfect for the pups, or in my case, a road bike.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting watch. Not surprised that the PS4S is still one of the best choices for a summer tire on a street car.

Incidentally, I just don't think white is the right color for MK8 GTI. That huge grill looks a little Wallace and Gromit to me.

View attachment 1608512

View attachment 1608511

I dig the factory "angry eyes" look, I remember this being a big thing back in my MKIV days. Not to sure how I feel about the grill section, though it does allow for some good air flow for a big ass front mount intercooler.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"i'm so angry!" bring back happy faces, or at least make them more neutral.

:)

I dig the factory "angry eyes" look, I remember this being a big thing back in my MKIV days. Not to sure how I feel about the grill section, though it does allow for some good air flow for a big ass front mount intercooler.
I like the furrowed brow just not the big mouth, but as you said, I'm sure it's super functional.

c0de

Reaction score

View attachment 1608512

View attachment 1608511

My previous car was a MK7.. I miss it a lot.. MK8 seems to build off of that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads