• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Suspension/tires/braking mods should have the same effect as they do on ICE. They’d just need to be tuned differently to account for the different weight and weight distribution.

and I guess they could unlock more hp with software the same way an ICE tuner could with a turbo motor? Presumably at the cost of some range.

there’s a Model 3 floating around here that has a carbon fiber vented hood on it. It makes me laugh every time I see it...what the **** is the air being vented to? Of course, ev’s are hardly the first cars that have been victimized by non functional aftermarket nonsense....

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yup, but I only did a quick glance on that article, didn't say what they were doing exactly (like were they lowered or are they just putting on a different front aero that has not really been tested but cosmetically looked good etc.)

on software cracking, I would think you definitely need Tesla blessing on that one

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve mentioned this before but I’d like to see the EV revolution result not just in ugly ass modified Teslas, but a resurgence in coachbuilding. Companies building Jag E-type or Alfa GTV bodies on top of an electric skateboard, or even their own novel designs

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wonder if there is an easy way to get pass crash test (without re-testing), shell on skateboard should really free up design language or even allow making individualize body shell on same assembly line possible in the future

brokencycle

Reaction score
Unfortunately manufacturers have decided that the ugly as **** design language is what buyers want.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Back to back testing of 14 UHP and UUHP tires on a GTI:

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For everyday cars, I've been a MB fan for decades. Originally it was for sedans and then sedans and SUVs. I had my first MB back in the late 60's. Back then it was a much more practical car than it seems to be today. Although early on I did have a 280SE convertible that was a lot of fun.

Okay, over the years MB has changed and not necessarily to my liking ... not that that matters much ... to them or anyone else. Over time it got flashier and flashier from my point of view ... but I stuck with them.

Today I was at a nearby MB dealer with what I call the PupMobile. It's an older (6 years) SUV and I limit the dogs to this vehicle. Anyway, it has an issue (needs a U-Joint / "propeller shaft" replaced) that requires service and my local guy (certified mechanic specializing in German cars) didn't want to do it. This dealer has one of those new "high-designed" facilities that is honestly a bit too much -- "too-too" you might say -- and it made me wonder how much of my repair was to pay for the overdesign. This is not ye old practical MB dealer of former times. To make matters worse it's in a sleazy industrial area that is traffic hell. The area and the facility did NOT match. But I digress ... or do I?

I went in knowing exactly what was wrong with my car as I'd had it serviced only two weeks ago. They tried pushing new sparkplugs on me (just got 'em) and it went on from there. I told the service assistant I was there for one thing only ... to get the "propeller shaft" replaced. She still pushed. I let her know I was growing impatient. She stopped and we wrapped up my dropping off the car.

I went inside this truly cavernous and cold facility for a minute to get some water before I headed home in "my ride". I had to walk through a MB branded shop that was filled with inexpensive clothing and other items (key rings, brief cases, etc). Much of it was pretty cheesy which surprised me as it doesn't fit with the image of the car ... or maybe it does now.

Okay ... I'll get to the point. I'm thinking my days with MB are coming to an end. I know a few of you love your Volvos. I have this dream that I'll find a more practical car with less of a "too-too" image. Will I? Or won't I?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads