• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reviews are pouring in on the new GT3 now that the embargo is over. Surprised that no one is discussing it here yet. Sounds like the new front suspension is a game changer, which shouldn’t be they surprising. Haven’t heard of anyone complain about the engine sound and from what I’ve heard (comparing 991.2 to 992.1 ring videos) they seem nigh on identical.

Seems like Preuninger managed to pull another rabbit out of his hat.

@HRoi - change anything for you?

My youtube home page the other day was simply a dozen thumbnails of the same blue GT3.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I realize the 992 has been out a while but the front kills me when I see them in person. The black grill looks like a square hole without any detail. Prior 911s usually had body colored pieces breaking up the grill a bit but the new one misses the boat.

mhvn2p2ksqo8qumbgrkb.jpg

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
I realize the 992 has been out a while but the front kills me when I see them in person. The black grill looks like a square hole without any detail. Prior 911s usually had body colored pieces breaking up the grill a bit but the new one misses the boat.

mhvn2p2ksqo8qumbgrkb.jpg
?

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mhvn2p2ksqo8qumbgrkb.jpg
Interesting. I will have to pay better attention when I see them in the wild. It's always interesting to me how just one detail about a car can make it a non-starter for a person (glad I'm not the only one).

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

mhvn2p2ksqo8qumbgrkb.jpg
Quit being a plebe and just get the sports design front fascia for another $3500 or get the sports design package for $5000.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Reviews are pouring in on the new GT3 now that the embargo is over. Surprised that no one is discussing it here yet. Sounds like the new front suspension is a game changer, which shouldn’t be they surprising. Haven’t heard of anyone complain about the engine sound and from what I’ve heard (comparing 991.2 to 992.1 ring videos) they seem nigh on identical.

Seems like Preuninger managed to pull another rabbit out of his hat.

@HRoi - change anything for you?
Not yet, because nothing is being said that wasn’t expected. Incrementally better performance, although mostly brought by aero and Cup R tires that I wouldn’t spec anyway. Worse looks, although I like both and 992 looks aren’t a showstopper. The real leap forward is the double wishbone suspension. And then the real potential showstopper - the $30k pride increase.

This, like the 718 GT4, is not a car I would upgrade to sight unseen. I’d have to see whether the double wishbones and the sound/response from the ITB’s are worth the slightly worse looks, more aggressive (for a car like this, worse) ride quality, and much higher price. I of course would immediately acquire an aftermarket solution for this or any particulate filter equipped car I’d buy

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought the Cayman in for an oil change this year (last year was major service plus new tires). Anyway, while there they had a pair of vintage Porsches in the show room. The slate gray on red 1983 911SC was a part of a contest among dealers. They all bought a basket case 911 and then restored it. If you look below, there are pix of what it looked like when the car arrived at the dealership. I'd still rather have a 87-89 Carrera more power, larger AC vents (Although AC on 80's 911s is rather weak), and the G-50 transmission. Still the work they did looks amazing. The other car is a 1965 912 (basically Porsche's entry level 911- so 911 body and left over 356 4 cylinder engine and related parts).

https%3A//i.imgur.com/E9z4kxK.jpg[/img]']

https%3A//i.imgur.com/qbwZ3yQ.jpg[/img]']

https%3A//i.imgur.com/1xKDXFx.jpg[/img]']

https%3A//i.imgur.com/e93DWb8.jpg[/img]']

https%3A//i.imgur.com/bE4nR5u.jpg[/img]']

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads