• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought it cleared it? else he would heard during parking (and then decide to continue ram into it?)

Some people don’t care. My friend would routinely test the limits of his skid plate. Other people it’s obvious, just have a look at the passenger side wheels and how much or little curb rash is present. Although I would hope a new car owner (especially that car) would be extra careful though.....

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the amount of tweakers looking for more meth out in rural america... I'm not sure who would actually want a doors/panels-off car these days except for suburban dwellers pretending they are out in the wild while they hit up grocery store and tour operators in Moab.
So you saw me in my Arcteryx Beta SV that I bought for walking my dog?

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uhh, you guys know there is Arcteryx Veilance, right?
But without a logo, how will I flex on the poors?

I actually use mine for backpacking, skiing and hiking with my Atom and R1. Veilance is way overpriced for what it is. Had it and sold it. I like actual tech outerwear that serves multiple purposes. Plus they don’t sell much Veilance at the Woodbury outlets.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My city coat is actually the Camosun...although I bought it because it had a removable hood and I realize in the time I have owned it, I have never once removed the hood...so I should have just bought the Therme. Both from their non-veilance, but city/everyday-oriented product line.

But its too much for any sort of active activity...I've got plenty of other options for that stuff and some of the features I like about it for city use are bad for technical use (and vice versa)

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, go for peak Douchemobile.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Has old fashioned bi-xenon headlamps. So pleb.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nah, go for peak Douchemobile.

This is a gross misuse of the term Douchemobile. A fully-optioned X7 or GLS would be a dead-on Douchemobile. Not a heavy-duty G-wagen.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Is anyone else bothered when they get their car back from the valet and the seat and/or steering wheel is warmed?

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else bothered when they get their car back from the valet and the seat and/or steering wheel is warmed?

Time for a random OM boarding school anecdote! When I was a cack* (new boy) the prefects we skivvied (slaved, basically) for would make us go downstairs in Winter first thing in the morning and sit on the toilets for 10 minutes so the seats would be warm for their exalted asses. God help you if anyone took a dump themselves and stank the place out ahead of time.

(* I know, it's been a long strange trip from cack to cuck.)

Um, vroom vroom?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

What sort of human being lets the valet drive his car in the first place? Horrifying.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads