• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You may be on to something. I’ll let you know in a week.
I retract my comment.

I see that the Rogue has gone through a redesign and the new version seems to score much better. Car and driver gives it an 8/10 rather than the 6 it gave the prior iteration.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
What’s this?

Attachments

• 98DC921C-F346-446D-9954-798D3901887C.jpeg
    98DC921C-F346-446D-9954-798D3901887C.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 32
  • D872DC63-8B27-47B7-B1C1-F2DFCD81ECEB.jpeg
    D872DC63-8B27-47B7-B1C1-F2DFCD81ECEB.jpeg
    270.1 KB · Views: 33

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Dino944 figured you’d like this.

Who on earth is this Gercollector? He has a really incredible collection, although some of it is quite redundant.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were sitting at a light in Tiburon yesterday and there was a silver 812 Superfast coming the other way. The driver floored it from the stop (who could blame him?) and it was absolutely glorious.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Someone at the club has a new Ferrari but I didn't get a good look. Next time I pop in for their flash sale on cocktails to go let's hope it's there again and I'll grab a pic.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My friend just told me he's getting an Alpina X7. I don't know what to say. I thought he and I had pretty strong alignment on cars but like maybe I just misread the situation?

For a split second I though, huh, maybe the Alpina version doesn't have the honkin grill but nope, it's just as bad. I don't love the GLS63 but it's a far sight less offensive looking. This is the least bad picture I could find.

bmw-x7_100747009_h.jpg

Sorry to any X7 owner here who thinks their car is attractive. I'm sure it's me and not you.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought big grill on X7 works the best vs. other BMW big grill. On 7 series it was fine ish...

Reactions: otc

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. The GLS AMG is also pretty silly but just pulls it off better.

1611793418562.png

I noodled about getting a CPO 2018 - 2019 Alpina B7 to get out of the three-row Douchmobile game. The previous gen is less ugly with the smaller snout. They depreciate quite fiercely!

1611793663652.png

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. The GLS AMG is also pretty silly but just pulls it off better.

I noodled about getting a CPO 2018 - 2019 Alpina B7 to get out of the three-row Douchmobile game. The previous gen is less ugly with the smaller snout. They depreciate quite fiercely!

Yup, I think the "sporty" 6,000 lb 3 row SUVs wreak of cognitive dissonance. I don't have a problem with a muscle car version of a 3 row SUV but the thin sidewall sporty element strikes me as ridiculous. The guy I know has money and is getting the Alpina for a few reasons but none of them are because he is interested in the "high performance". I suppose Alpinas have always been more executive high speed conveyance than boy racer so in that respect it makes more sense than an M version or an AMG GLS.

The GLS doesn't look so good in pictures either but it bothers me slightly less in real life. The X7 has the opposite effect, I don't know why.

Well so tri motor really soon?

Don't know what to think about the updated Tesla S/X. The steering wheel is dumb, unsafe and likely to be replaced with a regular wheel. The interior updates are interesting but the exterior and overall vehicle really hasn't changed much in 8 years and if this is a major refresh, I wonder how long it will go on like this. I recognize they are regularly making small updates and a lot of the hardware and software has changed significantly during the model run, but this is slow evolution even by Porsche standards.

I would really like to see Tesla up their interior game to match the market they play in. I don't spend a lot of time in other people's cars, but the time I've spent in Tesla's has been rather disappointing. The S / X feel like a kit car compared to cars costing tens of thousands less. Maybe they can raise some capital and buy Mercedes and combine their software and drivetrain with Mercedes interior knowhow and door thunkiness.

Last edited:

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics