• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I just looked up the price of that Cyan/P1800. Starts at 500k! Horrible quality to price ratio (QPR.)

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paul Zuckerman, cohost of Spike Feresten’s pod just picked this one up. Lovely.

D1552E29-E7FC-49DB-B81A-2CBB38FCD5D3.jpeg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
At least he’s writing out his acronyms now...

I understand I need to write to the level of my audience.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just ordered a Stage 4 Brake kit for the front and rear of my Audi which includes slotted rotors and red stuff pads along with a new set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+

Still debating between an H&R Cup kit or KW Coil Overs, leaning more towards the cup kit to save the money since my last car I threw the coil overs on, spun them all the way down and never looked back. Thinking if I go the cup kit route this time, I will just tell myself I am happy with whatever amount of drop I get

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just looked up the price of that Cyan/P1800. Starts at 500k! Horrible quality to price ratio (QPR.)
For that money you can also get the eagle E type. Even though the p1800 is very much perfect, the e type is just more emotion on top of that.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
just ordered a Stage 4 Brake kit for the front and rear of my Audi which includes slotted rotors and red stuff pads along with a new set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+

Still debating between an H&R Cup kit or KW Coil Overs, leaning more towards the cup kit to save the money since my last car I threw the coil overs on, spun them all the way down and never looked back. Thinking if I go the cup kit route this time, I will just tell myself I am happy with whatever amount of drop I get
Agree that Cup Kits are ideal if you’re looking for one lowering point and trust H&R to optimize between all the necessary height/ride compromises. Cup Kits are probably within a quarter to half an inch of a coilover’s lowest setting anyway.

I usually go KW’s, but more for the rebound/damper customizability.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I went H&R Street coilovers on the GTI. These are about half way right after install. Also red stuff pads & new rotors.

IMG_0011b.jpg

IMG_0008b.jpg

However after a hundred miles or so, they settled a bit. Now they sit a tad too low for my roads but it's such a PIA to raise them in my driveway. I rub every once in a while on a big bump but not while turning.

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00399c.jpg

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree that Cup Kits are ideal if you’re looking for one lowering point and trust H&R to optimize between all the necessary height/ride compromises. Cup Kits are probably within a quarter to half an inch of a coilover’s lowest setting anyway.

I usually go KW’s, but more for the rebound/damper customizability.
I've been thinking about rebound/dampening adjustability, but it's just a lot to play with and can actually make ride quality worse if you don't know what you're doing. Either way I'm gunna get the brakes and tires on first then re-evaluate

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went H&R Street coilovers on the GTI. These are about half way right after install.

View attachment 1510183

View attachment 1510182

However after a hundred miles or so, they settled a bit. Now they sit a tad too low for my roads but it's such a PIA to raise them in my driveway. I rub every once in a while on a big bump but not while turning.

View attachment 1510185

View attachment 1510186
beautiful car, I had a MKVI GTI before my current Audi, I had Koni coil overs spun all the way down on it

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
beautiful car, I had a MKVI GTI before my current Audi, I had Koni coil overs spun all the way down on it

How are your roads? New England won't take anything that low. I bought a brake kit from FCP with red stuff pads and drilled, vented rotors. I love them. Even on the track, they work great. So much brake dust after a track day but they stay pretty clean during day to day driving.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are your roads? New England won't take anything that low. I bought a brake kit from FCP with red stuff pads and drilled, vented rotors. I love them. Even on the track, they work great. So much brake dust after a track day but they stay pretty clean during day to day driving.
I owned the GTI while living in Mississippi, the roads weren't too bad because winters are mild so they aren't all pot holes and ****.

Currently living in Virginia, roads are decent here, again milder winters than you experience.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads