• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Getting in and out of the car was the whole reason i instantly dropped the idea of getting a Honda S660 last year.
It was like sitting in a bucket. Swear i actually sort of rolled out of it.
Got out and looked at it. "nope"
-The dealer chuckled.
That was the end of that.

You called the S660 the 'Peak Honda' as well as your mechanic friends and now you dislike it? Since then 'Peak Honda' is now the Honda Fit?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Getting in and out of the car was the whole reason i instantly dropped the idea of getting a Honda S660 last year.
It was like sitting in a bucket. Swear i actually sort of rolled out of it.
Got out and looked at it. "nope"
-The dealer chuckled.
That was the end of that.

sounds like you're getting old :p

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so washer fluid low warning showed up today. Any recommendation (2019 bmw 540), I don't think there is any issue mixing stuff (don't mind sticking with bmw parts either and paying the premium but think the bmw ones are concentrate and my garage is 10 minutes walking, I don't feel like mixing and carry...)

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so washer fluid low warning showed up today. Any recommendation (2019 bmw 540), I don't think there is any issue mixing stuff (don't mind sticking with bmw parts either and paying the premium but think the bmw ones are concentrate and my garage is 10 minutes walking, I don't feel like mixing and carry...)
Get the orange stuff from rain-X

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this

or this

edit: looks like the 2 in 1 goes to -25F vs. 0F on the other, guess I'll stick with -25F just in case...

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this

or this

They’re all good. I like the de-icer one for winter. I used it in New England every year before a had a garage. The fluid also applies a small amount of rain x repellant to the windshield. They’re all probably comparable.

There’s a normal one, de-icer, bug removal, etc.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is warranted (don't use RainX but el cheapo blue stuff from gas stations):

Fun fact: You can use non-RainX windshield fluid for meth injection if you needed to.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is warranted (don't use RainX but el cheapo blue stuff from gas stations):

Fun fact: You can use non-RainX windshield fluid for meth injection if you needed to.
Never heard of this, but I guess I’d avoid Rain X. All regular washer fluid is essentially the same. Use whatever is convenient

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never heard of this, but I guess I’d avoid Rain X. All regular washer fluid is essentially the same. Use whatever is convenient

I've used Rain X on the glass, but not in their windshield washer fluid in reservoir of our cars. Our MB service advisor said never use Rain X washer fluid in the car and to just use the cheap blue stuff.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Interesting. BMW parts guy told me the same thing about Rain X. I didn’t repeat it because it could’ve been just the biased sales pitch of someone selling OEM parts. But I guess this is why

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

hum, just got an email from my BMW servicer advisor that says it's ok..., guess cancel my amazon order and get BMW ones instead...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads