• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are terrible pics (?) but a really handsome looking car. I don’t think Volvo makes any cars these days that don’t look great
429591E1-F66E-4DA6-AE1C-4414CB103D31.jpeg 8E56AAEA-36C7-49BB-B03E-562311CA2AB9.jpeg A6926164-5D11-4BBE-839E-28663505EDDB.jpeg 2C2CA484-11DF-4C19-A90E-C506ABF025E6.jpeg ADAA68F5-5887-4C4C-B78C-0A65E13205DF.jpeg 23A5E1F9-7423-43B0-9159-6748622E7BBE.jpeg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm only 5-8, about 175 lbs, pretty fit, with good knees and back.

I test drove a Porsche 718 last year. Fun car to drive with great handling. Only reason why I didn't get it was because it was such a ******* pain to get out of the car once I pulled back into the dealership. I got back into my douchemobile AMG and was like there's no way I can get a 718 Cayman unless I keep my douchemobile.

I'm kind of with f00 here. Six and a half feet tall and I enjoy smaller calls that are low to the ground. I don't find them hard to get in or out of. The biggest hold up is leg and headroom once I'm in the driver's seat. The thing is I have been in some mid-size SUV's that have less overall space in the driver's seat than some sedans and sports cars I have driven.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think you guys all have to buy Porsches with LWB seats and stop skipping leg day
Do you even lift, bro? I can't skip leg day. I'll be missing out on all those gains!

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yellow seatbelts matching yellow calipers are a nice touch
It’s really one of the only unique things on the car. But i think it’s a nice standout accent without being obnoxious. There’s also the special white badge on the front and rear.

Oh and manually adjustable shocks, because apparnetly adaptive suspension isn’t race car enough for a hybrid wagon.

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thankfully we're no longer arguing about the ergonomics of getting in and out of an SUV. I'll have to get pictures of me getting in and out of an SUV to help prove a point. Good thing every person I know has at least one SUV in their household.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not the knee height that matters. It's the height at the bottom of your butt. You don't slide in with your legs bent at a 90-degree angle. You plant your butt on the seat and then swing your legs into the vehicle.

I'm 6'2 and I can comfortably slide into a full-size SUV (1994 RRC) without climbing at all. I have to crouch down to get into my Boxster or my 2002 or my ZHP (when I had it). It's simply easier for me to get into a higher car and it's 1000 times easier for me to load kids/stuff in and out of a higher vehicle because it's a straight-across load instead of having to lower the load into the car. But I recognize that people come in all shapes and sizes and things that are a good fit for me aren't necessarily going to be a good fit for someone else.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thankfully we're no longer arguing about the ergonomics of getting in and out of an SUV. I'll have to get pictures of me getting in and out of an SUV to help prove a point. Good thing every person I know has at least one SUV in their household.
LOL and then I wrote a novel about just that.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Btw, getting into my GT3 is not easy. It just doesn’t matter to me relative to the other joys the car provides. After all, we all want different compromises in our cars.

My point around big luxury SUVs was that the things people seem to think they get for the compromises to comfort, performance, efficiency, dynamics, etc., don’t often require needing a big luxury SUV. Minivans and wagons offer similar or better packaging and utility advantages while driving much more similar to a sedan.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Naw, My Legacy RSK is proper hard to get in and out of. So the wife has given the nod when i find the right big 'Yota. for comfort.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads