• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I can't remember why but that was ruled out. Basically it was tailored just to insult me, so of course being me, I just ******* claimed it and made it a point of pride.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't remember why but that was ruled out. Basically it was tailored just to insult me, so of course being me, I just ******* claimed it and made it a point of pride.
That's what we all hate about you.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I also think it was because girly men can’t possibly drive this barrel chested vehicle of war with very poor coefficient of drag

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Or a phone book to sit on.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mercedes just did the mid cycle facelift of thé E class. The 2021 E63 AMG isn’t released yet in the US so I figure 3-4 years of the current engine before it’s phased out to hybrid AMG’s.

I prefer the pre face lift version, though the post face lift to get the much better infotainment

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dat ZHP remains the only version of e46 I haven’t owned or driven. Someone else here had one - @VaderDave ?
Yup! That was me. I owned it for 16 years (bought it new). It was a fine, fine automobile. I sold it to a friend who also treasures it.

I took really good care of it so it never gave me any trouble. I found that my experience wasn't universal.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The g wagon doesn't count for the same reason a hummer doesn't count.

They are so douchey that you can't possibly buy one without recognizing how douchey they are. But being self aware automatically makes you less douchey... Like you are buying it for the ridiculousness despite the douchiness.

Piobs old car is a douchemobile because it is driven by people who don't realize they are douchebags and just think they look really cool in their big luxobarge... But the vehicle really just accentuates any douchey actions they do while driving.

Not limited to MB in my mind though. A big black Q7 or X7 from the same era would also apply.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are so douchey that you can't possibly buy one without recognizing how douchey they are. But being self aware automatically makes you less douchey... Like you are buying it for the ridiculousness despite the douchiness.

Piobs old car is a douchemobile because it is driven by people who don't realize they are douchebags and just think they look really cool in their big luxobarge... But the vehicle really just accentuates any douchey actions they do while driving.

Not limited to MB in my mind though. A big black Q7 or X7 from the same era would also apply.
Needs moar charts/graphs for proof of douchiness.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, that dude is going to be working for Mercedes again soon enough. Mercedes is already their engine and electronics supplier so this is no surprise. The deal with Mercedes prevents their competitors from investing in Aston, so the universe of white knights is already pretty limited.

If you look at the competitive landscape: VW owns Bentley and BMW owns RR. I think it has always just been a matter of time before Aston ended up in Mercedes' hands and this crisis has just accelerated that timeline.

Looks like Mercedes is expanding its relationship with AM. Just a matter of time.

The new agreement will see Mercedes-Benz AG grant access to a range of advanced Mercedes-Benz technologies, including next generation hybrid and electric powertrains, as well as other vehicle components and systems.

Access to these technologies will be granted in exchange for new shares in Aston Martin, issued in several stages over the next 3 years, up to a total value of GBP 286 million. Mercedes-Benz AG’s current shareholding stands at 2.6% of Aston Martin’s common equity. The new shares to be issued will take Mercedes-Benz AG’s holding up to a maximum of no more than 20.0%. Mercedes-Benz AG has no intention to increase its holding in Aston Martin beyond this level.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Lulz@ Hummer drivers being self-aware.

As stated, it was an insult tailored to me, and I completely ******* co-opted it.

Now, if we want douchey, there's the folks in those GTIs thinking they're boy racers. ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads