• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

derum

Reaction score
It sure is a stunning spot. My buddy had just picked up a Discovery so we took our respective spouses to the Equinox for the weekend and got to learn and drive someone else’s vehicle.

looking back at that era of LR Discovery, while very capable off road it was a complete POS in terms of reliability.
That’s why Disco drivers always carried a spare......

F2E35267-5620-4173-A814-F4D7605984D7.jpeg

Own a RR HSE, love everything apart from the fact that the rear seats don’t fold flat as they did in previous model. Am interested in the new defender, it looks good, and the engine size should not put anyone off.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Im not crazy about any of these things other than the supercharged Sport's (Which i just drove an hr and a half ago). And the new Defender's.
Did you drive the Defender? If so, how is it?

The Defender is to Land Rover, off-road vehicles, and heck, the United Kingdom - what the BMW M3 and Porsche GT3 are to their respective fan bases. You have to get it exacrtly right and capture a certain magic, or everyone gets really cranky

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Defender is to Land Rover, off-road vehicles, and heck, the United Kingdom - what the BMW M3 and Porsche GT3 are to their respective fan bases. You have to get it exacrtly right and capture a certain magic, or everyone gets really cranky
And a local-boy billionaire decides to crank out his own interpretation of the classic.

MontyLo

Reaction score
New to me....traded my ‘09 for a 2013 with low miles. Really liking the silver paint and sport fascia so far versus the pre facelift front end in white that I had. That said I love the w221 and it’s hard to beat a well depreciated s class in good shape. Now to have the dealer follow up on those “we owe’s”...

Attachments

• B8F9D25D-3C2C-4521-886F-DD39FC4A6342.jpeg
    B8F9D25D-3C2C-4521-886F-DD39FC4A6342.jpeg
    293.4 KB · Views: 18

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I had an LR3 when they were new. Spartan interior but damn that thing would drive over anything. The local LR dealership would put on supported and guided off road rides twice a year and always had a catered lunch in some stunning location you had to do a big climb to get to.

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
Ive only been parking them so far. Haven't delivered or picked one up yet. But I love em a lot already. Will come in here and tell my driving experience once it happens

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
I was diggin them since i saw Doug's review.

Anything that has a "Twisty Gear Selector" than a standard shifter automatically loses my respect and earns my dislike.. Which is majority of the vehicles I'm working around.

I didn’t love it at first but it’s growing on me. Pangea green is sharp.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Liking the XC90 more the more I drive it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
All hail the safedouchemobile?

The only douchemobile is made by MB. I mean, Escalade has it's bling, etc. Only the MB = douchemobile.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads