• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Sweet! We got 4!!!!!!:bounce2:

A box that will run a driving game can't be too hard to assemble. -Strongest i7 windows 7 era box with ram and a graphics card stuffed into it?

Should we set a goal for a Christmas race?
So going to smoke @TheFoo

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweet! We got 1!!!!!!:bounce2:

A box that will run a driving game can't be too hard to assemble. -Strongest i7 windows 7 era box with ram and a graphics card stuffed into it?

Should we set a goal for a Christmas race?
So going to smoke @TheFoo

Sure but I'll end up down yet another rabbit hole with a $5K machine and another $5K in Fanatec gear. For now the Logitech wheel and pedals (about $300) and my xbox work great.

This does look appealing however:

i9kodnjqrft51.jpg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha, looks great above! Are there any LR fans here? I get the sense that this is more of a speedster, Porsche crowd, which is great, but I'm looking to upgrade my trusty 2013 RRS, which is looking a little dated.

I'm not a huge car guy, but do occasionally go off roading in Vermont (took some courses there, which is a ton of fun if you haven't done it, if nothing else, for the scenery and the drops!).

I enjoy the kick of my RRS, and notice the newer models of RRS '21 or RR 21' and the Defender 20' (the three models toward which I gravitate) steer very heavily toward V6 models (without jumping to 100K range quickly! with supercharged engines). Again, I'm unfamiliar with most of car specs, hence turning here, but my gut tells me that there'd be some drop off compared to my 2013 V8 machine, even though the 0-6 second stats look insanely fast.

Anyone have experience with the newer models or thoughts on some of the latest techs.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha, looks great above! Are there any LR fans here? I get the sense that this is more of a speedster, Porsche crowd, which is great, but I'm looking to upgrade my trusty 2013 RRS, which is looking a little dated.

I'm not a huge car guy, but do occasionally go off roading in Vermont (took some courses there, which is a ton of fun if you haven't done it, if nothing else, for the scenery and the drops!).

I enjoy the kick of my RRS, and notice the newer models of RRS '21 or RR 21' and the Defender 20' (the three models toward which I gravitate) steer very heavily toward V6 models (without jumping to 100K range quickly! with supercharged engines). Again, I'm unfamiliar with most of car specs, hence turning here, but my gut tells me that there'd be some drop off compared to my 2013 V8 machine, even though the 0-6 second stats look insanely fast.

Anyone have experience with the newer models or thoughts on some of the latest techs.

I did a half day off road Land Rover course many years ago at the Equinox Resort in VT. It was the early 00's, I think we were in Disco's. Wondered if it is still around. It really was a blast.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the one! It's super beautiful and I've learned a lot. Not that I get a ton of time to go off roading, but it's certainly an experience and there's a nice sense of knowing what to do.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not a LR expert either, so I can’t give an informed buying opinion, but I can weigh in on engines - I too was afraid of the industry shift away from V8’s but modern forced induction tech has made 6cyl options all better, with no drawbacks besides worse sound.

i also think the RRS is the best looking LR and looks like the sweet spot on price.

i took the previous gen RRS on a mild off-road course at a Land Rover Experience in Berfordshire and it was nice climbing hills and stuff in such luxury.

Although if you are curious about off-road capability - I couldn’t help but notice old Defender 90’s strategically parked and idling at different points of the course. I told our guide “those Defenders are there to pull me out if I get in trouble, aren’t they?”. He replied “Yep.”

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Random topic, seems 545e is not coming to the US, and looks like BMW uk configurator dropped 540 but put up 545e, definitely more hybrid coming.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a Land Rover fan although the only ones I have owned have been older (think 2003 and 1994). I currently have a 1994 RRC that I really like, although it's a very different animal from what you are currently driving and looking at.

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the one! It's super beautiful and I've learned a lot. Not that I get a ton of time to go off roading, but it's certainly an experience and there's a nice sense of knowing what to do.

It sure is a stunning spot. My buddy had just picked up a Discovery so we took our respective spouses to the Equinox for the weekend and got to learn and drive someone else’s vehicle.

looking back at that era of LR Discovery, while very capable off road it was a complete POS in terms of reliability.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big LR fan and would like to get the big daddy RR or Defender 110 one day (when I can afford the maintenance costs).

The Velar is the sexiest one in the lineup though. Oooof.

Last edited by a moderator:

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
Im not crazy about any of these things other than the supercharged Sport's (Which i just drove an hr and a half ago). And the new Defender's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics