• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Jmm722 what is polestar model? I see it as an option that you can add to any V60 (I only checked the T6), but I don't see a specific model or anything
It’s a 2020 V60 Polestar Engineered. They’re not available at dealers and dealers cannot order them for stock. They have to be ordered by a customer. 2021s won’t arrive in the US until April or May 2021. It is also limited to 125 per model (V60, XC60, S60).

Mine has gold brembos and gold seatbelts. It has different fascia and trim on the outside but it essentially an R-Design interior. It has paddle shifters, unique programming, etc. and Ohlins adjustable suspension. It too is gold.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Jmm722 what is polestar model? I see it as an option that you can add to any V60 (I only checked the T6), but I don't see a specific model or anything
The Polestar Performance Option can be added to many Volvo's (like my XC90) - it's a software tuning adjustment that affects things like throttle response, gear shifting, etc. to provide better performance. But there are also Polestar models which have various performance hardware upgrades - brakes, etc. - in addition to the software improvements

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This study has a decent methodology but the results have to be an elaborate joke. Only a troll would conclude that Florida drivers are the sixth-best in the country.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
There's no way Michigan drivers are third best so you can just figure they applied the ordinal value backwards.

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
@Thrift Vader how much are these going for over there? And would you consider picking one up?

1990→1995 Eunos Cosmo | | SuperCars.net

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
This may just be the musings of a mind currently pickled in pisco sours, but I think The Umbrella Corporation would be a great name for a new insurance company

wasn't this the reference in the Travelers Insurance logo?

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
If Honda made Rotary's they would last longer.

Raised this in another thread but. .

We need a Styleforum Sim racing championship!
I already know i'll be faster than @HRoi and @Piobaire . :devil:

Who would be down for sim racing?
For world time zones we could compete for quickest lap times. and sometimes meet up to race as a group.

Who likes this idea?

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For world time zones we could compete for quickest lap times. and sometimes meet up to race as a group.

Who likes this idea?
What platform?
And fwiw, i suck at racing so ill join to make you all feel better about your lap times

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what if we all crash on the first lap

edit: into each other
edit2: intentional or not...
edit3: I have a laptop from 4 years ago, no console, so probably not a lot choice out there, at least not real sim, more arcade style stuff

Last edited:

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
I'm waiting to see what my friend gets, and copy him.
but. . I think he will not get the basic setup.

I am thinking basic stuff, and making a sort of kart frame. then sticking a seat from a daihatsu or something on it. Ghetto but functional. like a sim hooptie.

All you need is:
The wheel
The wheel feedback box
The pedals and gear shifter
A box with stuff in it - Windows 10 box, mid tier stuff.
And a screen or a projector.
(projector is budget big screen).

Check out this site:
I think i could be setup for 2k. all in. Hooptie spec.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who likes this idea?

I’m in.

I haven’t played my xbox for years until lockdown this year when I bought Assetto Corsa, then a wheel and wheel stand and Assetto Corsa Competizione and then a car and then a few track days. It all went down pretty quickly.

I don’t race online. I’m just trying to better my lap times. There is something magical about shaving a full second off a lap. Just this week I got a 7:45 on the Nordschleife which is a three minute improvement from when I started.

AC and ACC got a lot right in terms of vehicle physics and track replication but one thing that I found surprising is the sound. I’m setup in my home office (with plenty of room for a real rig) and the Sonos subwoofer shakes the house with the Porsche Cup cars. It’s really immersive.

I keep saying I’ll build a PC and stand alone rig but then it seems like a lot of work for the hour or two a week I actually play.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads