• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean...ultimately if jmm is getting a better rate then he couldn’t care less. Not a lot of room for Volvo Financial to cut the dealer in on 1.99, but maybe they still get a few basis points. Or if it’s a flat rate then that’s still incremental profit.

I don’t know if I’m characterizing the situation right here, but it would still be slimy of F&I to say they “don’t know how to deal with USAA”. Why not say, you should go with my lender because they’ll beat the rate you have? That’s a compelling argument without needing to be the least bit deceptive...

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean...ultimately if jmm is getting a better rate then he couldn’t care less. Not a lot of room for Volvo Financial to cut the dealer in on 1.99, but maybe they still get a few basis points. Or if it’s a flat rate then that’s still incremental profit.

I don’t know if I’m characterizing the situation right here, but it would still be slimy of F&I to say they “don’t know how to deal with USAA”. Why not say, you should go with my lender because they’ll beat the rate you have? That’s a compelling argument without needing to be the least bit deceptive...
I find the dumber person means the more complex the excuses.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Omfg it’s like Volvo doesn’t want business. The levels of incompetence in closing my deal are mind numbing.

I had to correct their math in the financing deal. They couldn’t figure out how to contact my payoff credit union, wouldn’t accept my PDF payoff letter, and somehow didn’t receive 5 faxes. They couldn’t figure out how to use USAA so I had to finance through them, which limited me to 60 months instead of 72.

They threatened to pull the deal because I’m taking too long, despite the fact that they provided the wrong information on 3 occasions.

I wasted like 6 hours this week on this horseshit

I’m going Super Saiyan Karen in the survey

**** man, you must really want a Volvo huh?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I forgot to post how stupid the SA I worked with on the XC90 is. When you go to get your Costco PIN for the discount you of course have to tell them what vehicle and they want your contact info so the assigned dealership can harangue you. Well, dipshit got the lead and hasn't figured out yet he's already leased me the vehicle. Keep in mind he had that email from the deal and has done the routine post-sale follow up to me at that email.

I've been replying to him how interested I am but I just don't have time to come check it out. I'll keep that up for another week then ghost him.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The insurance would be absurd. It’s also $30k more than I’m paying.
My 5 year old C63S AMG is about $650-$700 for a 6 month term. I'm at the point now that at each renewal I'm raising my deductible.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
usaa was a total pain ********** for us and insurance. great rates that you still have to work for even if you didn't serve.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Our XC90 though USAA is close to $1,700/6mo with street parking on a quiet block in Brooklyn. 2 spotless driving records too.

and early 2000's Land Cruiser was around $2,200/6 if I remember right.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in the day when I had a 2006 Camry, my insurance was like under $200 for 6 months. Owning an AMG isn't cheap with insurance, tires, and maintenance.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
$490 six months for the GLS. There are some benefits to being middle aged in flyover.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads