• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pic from the event Monday.

gti_palmer_10.19.20_final.jpg

Few more from the event photog:

SPP_SCDA_PALMER_10192020-314.jpg
SPP_SCDA_PALMER_10192020-316.jpg
SPP_SCDA_PALMER_10192020-317.jpg
SPP_SCDA_PALMER_10192020-318.jpg
SPP_SCDA_PALMER_10192020-321.jpg

Last edited:

DubbyThaFerrgamoCZAR

Reaction score
Thats why GM is my fav manufacture they try something different and way out there. We had two H2's growing up. So cant wait to see these.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Omfg it’s like Volvo doesn’t want business. The levels of incompetence in closing my deal are mind numbing.

I had to correct their math in the financing deal. They couldn’t figure out how to contact my payoff credit union, wouldn’t accept my PDF payoff letter, and somehow didn’t receive 5 faxes. They couldn’t figure out how to use USAA so I had to finance through them, which limited me to 60 months instead of 72.

They threatened to pull the deal because I’m taking too long, despite the fact that they provided the wrong information on 3 occasions.

I wasted like 6 hours this week on this horseshit

I’m going Super Saiyan Karen in the survey

Last edited:

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they couldn’t “figure out” USAA so they forced you to use their finance company that gives them points on the loan? Yes, that’s totally not sus at all
The rate they got me was 1.99% for 60 months, which I’m not going to complain about. It was better than what USAA was giving me. Dealerships get a flat rate on financing now, not points.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Dealerships get a flat rate on financing now, not points.

This is good info. So they don't sell paper and keep the spread anymore?

brokencycle

Reaction score
they couldn’t “figure out” USAA so they forced you to use their finance company that gives them points on the loan? Yes, that’s totally not sus at all

Last time I bought a car they made a big deal about using a credit union for financing, so rather than fight them, I took their financing at some stupid high rate (probably like 5-6%, turned around the next week and refinanced with the credit union. Our rate was something like 1.9%. Over the course of the loan, the interest was trivial.

This is good info. So they don't sell paper and keep the spread anymore?

Talking to one of the guys I ride motorcycles with: the banks just give the finance manager money to use them. This guy pockets hundreds on each loan he does because he'll sell the car buyer a loan from a 3rd party rather than the brand's financing arm.

Take that with a grain of salt: the guy is a dealership finance manager, so he's a pathological liar and a monster on par with lawyers.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I know it used to be if the bank was buying paper at say 3%, and you wrote a deal showing 5%, the F&I guy got the spread (after the house cut, of course.)

ETA: I can remember back in the 90s a big can of **** got opened in Michigan as it seemed F&I guys targeted black customers for huge interest spreads and really expensive extended warranties and other things they sell in the F&I box. I can remember one case where the **** the F&I person sold the customer was actually over 50% of the monthly payment. Maybe some consumer protection reforms happened to prevent these abuses?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads